• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    The crowds inside and out were much worse today then I've ever seen...just too many people in a confined space. I was thinking that had there been an AD or ND maybe a dozen people would have been wounded. Was it just me or did it seem as if some people were almost panic buying?

Theslab1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    Lafayette
    Drove an hour, stood in a line wrapping around the building for about 30 seconds, and then drove home.
    Did not have the patience to wait in line and deal with the crowds.
    2nd time in years I have experienced a line like that.

Rather work with InGo community or local shop on this day.

I am sure I will consider going to the next 1500 and attend local show in Lafayette.

Theslab1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    Lafayette
    Went to Gander Mountain after leaving the line at the show and it was darn near a buying frenzy there...
    I think gun fever is in the ait across the country...Election year

madweste

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Fire hazard

Is there a fire ordinance in place as to how many people could be in the building at one time? One would think that the Fairground board learned a lesson from the State Fair collapse! Anyhow, on Saturday it was cold and I wasn't going to wait in line to get into the gun show. I ended up going to the garage sale. I doubt if I go to another 1500 show. I'll stick to Tipton gun show.

Last edited:

lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    I got there early, no line, and it got so incredibly crowded inside that it was frustrating. When I left, the line was long but it had thinned out inside. I don't think it takes that long to get through the line.

I picked up a few things and saw everything but did not see many deals.

I was there at 7:45 on Saturday morning and still had to stand in line for 30 minutes. There was nothing there that I can't see on the internet. I likely won't go back; at least, not any time soon.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Is there a fire ordinance in place as to how many people could be in the building at one time? One would think that the Fairground board learned a lesson from the State Fair collapse! Anyhow, on Saturday it was cold and I wasn't going to wait in line to get into the gun show. I ended up going to the garage sale. I doubt if I go to another 1500 show. I'll stick to Tipton gun show.
    yes and the fire marshall was on top of it

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Yes and no. Apparently the 100 people in front of me had never been to a show and brought their significant others and all of their children. The 1500 is not a great family outing. Yes, there are children interested in guns and I applaud the parents who share their interests with them. But several times I saw entire tables blocked by dad who was looking at a gun and his three kids and wife who were either pawing the stuff on the table, standing just far enough off the table to block both it and the walkway or focused on their smartphones oblivious to everything else.

If dad had not taken me to the shows in my youth, I most likely would not be the gun nut i am now or a member of this site.

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    I among others drove over an hour to get there, stood in line for about 45 min in the cold just to get in the door. I sent my cousin to BP to get some coffee while we were in line, that helped quite a bit. All this to find out people were cutting in line at the front. Really Pi##ed us off. Sort of set the tone for the rest of the afternoon.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Yes and no. Apparently the 100 people in front of me had never been to a show and brought their significant others and all of their children. The 1500 is not a great family outing. Yes, there are children interested in guns and I applaud the parents who share their interests with them. But several times I saw entire tables blocked by dad who was looking at a gun and his three kids and wife who were either pawing the stuff on the table, standing just far enough off the table to block both it and the walkway or focused on their smartphones oblivious to everything else.

I am one of those people who brough his kids - 2 sons and a friend. I have been to plenty of gun shows and although at times I hate the 1500 crowds and say I'll never go back my boys considers this a great family event and have trouble sleeping the night before dreaming of what they might find to spend the few bucks they saved - this time it was blowguns - last time it was a couple knives the time before it was a rocket tube and backpacks.... when we are there my boys ask me all kinds of questions about guns, militaria etc and I have fun teaching them and a lot of times I have no idea what something is for and then I have to ask the seller what the hell it is so I learn a few things too. Anyway, with an attitude like yours i feel sorry for your wife/kids if you have any.:twocents:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom