• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I've never been to a 1500, and I had my mind made up that I was going to the next one. After reading about the line to get in, the difficulty in moving around, and the scarcity of bargains, I think I'll just shop locally and save myself the time and headaches.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I was there around 12:30 and the line wrapped around the building. Several of my friends/ coworkers were there and never saw a one of them.

J10on4ds

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 23, 2011
    Bedford
    Line outside, 30 minutes, not fun. The moving around inside, wasn't any fun. Why aren't the aisles wider? What is the fun of standing there for 10 minutes, just to move toward the case, it takes another 5 min to get to actually see the table...

Bmccormick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    New Castle
    Wow... After reading all these posts im glad to see im not alone
    In my feelings about the crowds at this show. We went last year
    In jan. and was not comfortable inside. We even mentioned how some of the isles
    Were very narrow.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    We drove by at noonish and just kept driving to beech grove firearms! I was going to look at my short list items and my wife was going to buy her Sig. Good thing we went to BGF, got me a used but unfired m&p40 for $425! We are going first thing in the morning to see if we can fix my wifes itch.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Got there at 12:15 - after paying $5 to park BEHIND the back 40 it took at least 1/2 an hour to get in.

Super crowded. I think it's my 8th time going, worst one yet.

There were some good deals on Ammo, and a few other things though. But it was so crowded that I ended up just leaving without seeing about 30% of the tables at all and most of the ones I did see I just skimmed.

winstonsmith84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Middletown
    I was there at 2 today. Line was 15 min tops. Way too crowded. Way. I almost turned around and left. I was looking for specific stuff, so I didn't need to look at every table....if I did I'd still be there. Impossible to move.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I was planning on going Sunday but this thread made me change my mind. I don't like crowds as thick as you guys are describing so I know I'd be miserable. Wanted a Raven holster but I'd rather wait 4 months for an online order than deal with the crowd.

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Got there around 3pm. Walked right in. Very crowded though. People were very patient, though. Fun to walk around and see all the guns available.

sem351

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Central Indiana
    1500 Line

Drove by the fairgrounds at Noon today, saw the huge line of people stretching all the way around the building to the 38th street car entrance, called a friend that had been in line for 40 minutes and still had a ways to go until he got in, so we kept on driving...went to some local gun shops instead... Have not yet been to a 1500 and was wanting to go, but not wanting to stand in line in 20 degree weather for over an hour... I've got the March show on the calendar and will try to make that one on Friday...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm not sure what was going on, but around 11 am, it seemed like people started dropping form the ceiling. When I heard the line was around two corners, I didn't believe it.

The one thing I believe the promoter needs to take into account is the physically challenged. I saw about a dozen wheelchairs in there and they didn't have room to maneuver, causing bottlenecks down several aisles.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I've been to almost every Indy 1500 for many years. I plan my vacations around them. I have to say this one was miserable . There were WAY to many people . It wasn't all bad, It had all the things that kept me coming back, just 2 MANY PEOPLE ... I agree we need a bigger place..

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For about 15yrs i have been goin to the 1500 with my father, for the last 5yrs we will not go unless we are there when the doors open. even then you can make it about 1/2 way through before it gets crowded. It also seems that the winter shows are always a lot busier than the spring/summer shows.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I arrived around 11:30. They said 30 minute wait. I estimated 2,000+ people in line, lined wrapped around the building, around the other corner, to the other corner. Screw it, I left and went to Bradis.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    This was my first 1500. Despite what everyone else has said, I had a good time. Met Que, Printcraft, and Indiana Joe at the INGO booth and picked up some swag. We got there at 9ish. Parking wasn't bad, walked right in to the show. I'd say we had two hours, maybe more before it started getting really crowded. We stayed until about 1:30. When we walked out, the line went down that side of the building, then turned and went the whole length of the building and beyond. We couldn't even see the end. Glad we got there early. I'm also glad I'm tall because we just walked down the aisles and could look over people to see what was on all of the tables.

To summarize, if you're just going to find "a deal" on an item or two, you're going for the wrong reason. You're not going to come out ahead with gas, time, frustration, and entry and parking fees. However if you're going to have a good time, see what all is out there, walk around and enjoy the company of who you go with as well as pick up some little stuff that you see and can't pass up, as well as meet some INGOers, it is more than worth it. Just don't expect it to be 50% off of everything you want. In fact I drove there and back home and ended up buying a new pistol in Lafayette. Haha

Top Bottom