• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I wholeheartedly agree that there is no one rifle that will acceptably fulfill every role on the field, be it for survival or battle.

I will also say that I prefer the 'battle' and DM style rifles over anything else for myself. Then again, that could be because I typically fill that role in my group's setup.

I also agree that most everyone should own and practice with a variety of weapons. For example, a reliable and accurate handgun in 9mm/.40/.45, a .22 rifle, a shotgun, an AR or AK style of rifle, as well as a battle rifle and/or longer range bolt action, depending upon your personal goals and your group's requirements.

That will cover most every application from hunting for food to defensive needs.

:twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have viewed some of his stuff but the arrogance turns me off to him. There are things to be learned from him I am sure but just have an issue with this cat.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I like to be familiar with the order of arms for anything I'm likely to pick up anywhere, and have something to fire any common mil/LE caliber ammo I may be able to acquire. So, I wind up with some variety. Win/win.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    I have seen many references to him being "arrogant" or displaying arrogance in his videos.
    I fail to see any arrogance in any of his videos (that I have watched).

His approach is very common sense and don't really have any major disagreements from his opinions.

At this point in shooting sports we are seeing many so called "experts" proliferating the gun arena. Many these people are needed in my opinion for the new guys and even us "older" guys in the sport could use a little training/knowledge here and there.

Finding the ones you believe or put stock into is up to the person. Like any thing else, buyer beware.

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    I can't really watch his videos, but the concept is interesting. I could drop down to one pistol, one rifle and a shotgun. But, what fun would that be?

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I have viewed some of his stuff but the arrogance turns me off to him. There are things to be learned from him I am sure but just have an issue with this cat.

And yet I've noticed that you manage to comment on every single post about James.

:dunno:

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    So much misinformation in this one is is almost a comedy...

I'm not very knowledgeable in terms of guns in general, and appreciate good info. Please point out what information that you believe is bad in this video so that I can look further into it. Thanks!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I don't find the guy arrogant at all. I watch more of his videos because I think there is a benefit worth watching a video for a few minutes out of a day. I think it'd be easy to confuse a lack of sensitivity for peoples bs for a sense of arrogance. Hes giving the kind of information that instructors normally keep to themselves. If he dislikes ar10's its probably because he gets annoyed by guns that fail at his classes. James doesn't seem like the kind of guy who puts emotional attachment into his guns and instead looks like them as a practical tool. Ive never trained with him, but if the opportunity came up I would.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And yet I've noticed that you manage to comment on every single post about James.

:dunno:

Do I. Maybe I am trying to find something in them that warrants all the attention. Read some things yesterday that put my suspicions of his character in a different light.
    I try and learn as much as possible at every opportunity. There seems to be knowledge there but just trying to figure the guy out. If I do post about him then more info is offered up. Is that not the reason we do this????

Issues with that???????????????

Edit....I just browsed the threads and this guy's face is everywhere. Hard not to comment on him.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom