• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    OMG I just finished watching it and I was about to copy the link to create a new thread.
    One minute too late.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Looks like I win this round of "How to **** off two-thirds of INGO with a single video"! :laugh:

:yesway:

Yes you do, I was so close to win, I just had to look all over to make sure you didn't post it already and as soon as I was about to post it I saw you did it a minute ago. :n00b:

I can hear the 1911 and the XD guys already (and Ket Tec, and Ruger guys ...).And the .40 cal guys :D

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Huh, isn't that cute... :D Well, despite some of the things he says, it's just like any other trainer or training event, take from it what you can or want...

He does hit some important points. How many local shops carry parts (i.e. striker retaining roll pin) for my XD sub 9? How many shops carry magazines for my CZ82? In actuality, how many carry actual, factual parts for 1911s? (and I am not talking rinky dink Wilson cheapo thumb safeties or stocks or magazines, I am talking springs, sears, disconnectors, etc...) Glocks? Heck, I bet if you took a stripped Glock frame and slide into a local shop, you COULD walk out with a functioning gun.

I have a 1911 and G17 for this exact reason and for the purposes of SHTF. But for everything else, I have other pistols that I am not uber hepped up over if I don't have parts or needs several weeks to obtain them. Goes back to my thinking of every household needs a minimum of a rifle/shotgun for militia or hunting, and a brace (TWO minimum) of handguns for pure and self defense.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    He does make some good points in most if his videos. My problem with him is if "he" doesn't like something its junk.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    IDPA guys with compensated guns?

Methinks that's not a person from which I'd take advice regarding handgun shooting sports for sure.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Wow, inb4 a cz montage, that was an interesting thing to pick on, I'm a kool-aid drinking glock fanboy, but he has to be the first person I've met with full on hate for cZ

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    :twocents:I think people who have such a limited ability to express their opinions sans superfluous expletives are poorly educated and poorer ambassadors of our sport. Really, can't we be better than that?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    He seemed to have good reasons for everything except caliber choice. I've heard him discount the .40 S&W on two videos, but still no real reason on either one. If anyone knows his reasoning or have formed their own opinion regarding NOT carrying .40 S&W as a defensive round -- that doesn't include male genitals -- I would love to be informed.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I've heard him discount the .40 S&W on two videos, but still no real reason on either one.

In both videos he mentioned not liking "high pressure" rounds. Some of this may come from the Glock kB issues where "unsupported" .40S&W rounds were often found to be the culprit.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    "You shouldn't own a gun unless it is for serious use. I don't play with my guns."

I do! I have guns for serious use, but I still love taking a brick of .22's and a MK2/Buckmark/Single Six to kill some pop cans and golf balls on a sunny afternoon!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    He seemed to have good reasons for everything except caliber choice. I've heard him discount the .40 S&W on two videos, but still no real reason on either one. If anyone knows his reasoning or have formed their own opinion regarding NOT carrying .40 S&W as a defensive round -- that doesn't include male genitals -- I would love to be informed.

:):

He mentioned why he doesn't like the .40 S&W (and the .357 SIG), I think he talked about cartridge pressure.

Top Bottom