• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The only thing I will say to refute his rant is that the stacking tolerance phenomenon is not just going to apply to one style of gun. There are tolerances on polymer parts as well.

Im not disputing that more glocks are 100% than 1911s. Id take a glock if going into a combat situation, but not for what I want to use it for.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Hmmmm. Yeah........ Im gonna go ahead and pretend I didnt watch this video.

All motorcyles should be Kawasaki, all Kawasaki motorcycles should be 1000cc, All 1000cc Kawasakis should be ZX-10Rs. Ive been a Motorcycle Technician for 5 years and Ive grown up restoring and working on bikes, and I have thousands on hours on the road so I know. A Kawaski out of the box will go faster and last longer than any Harley on the street and people who own Harleys have invested thier ego in thier bike so when it breaks they cry about it.

there now Im just as cool as this guy.

Oh wait I need a youtube channel so I can publicly make an ass out of myself and the whole world can see.

What A freaking tool!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Hmmmm. Yeah........ Im gonna go ahead and pretend I didnt watch this video.

All motorcyles should be Kawasaki, all Kawasaki motorcycles should be 1000cc, All 1000cc Kawasakis should be ZX-10Rs. Ive been a Motorcycle Technician for 5 years and Ive grown up restoring and working on bikes, and I have thousands on hours on the road so I know. A Kawaski out of the box will go faster and last longer than any Harley on the street and people who own Harleys have invested thier ego in thier bike so when it breaks they cry about it.

there now Im just as cool as this guy.

Oh wait I need a youtube channel so I can publicly make an ass out of myself and the whole world can see.

What A freaking tool!

Blasphemy. Everyone knows all bikes should be Ducatis.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    nor did he refute anything James was sayin

Nor will I. Im not gonna say a 1911 is more reliable than a Glock bc in My experiance both platforms are very reliable. I will admit I have more rnds through a Glock than a 1911. I have no problems with Glock or 1911s.

What I have a problem with is someone coming out and basicaly make fun of people for thier personal choices.

I dont care much for hardnosed people who will push thier OPINIONS as fact then make fun of people and talk down to them for having a different one.

If Glock was the be all end all for everyone then Glock would be the only maker left in business.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    He is obviously the smartest person he has ever met and anyone who disagrees with him is an instant internet rambo. He really should wipe the glock jiz from his chin before he goes home to his wife.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The only thing I will say to refute his rant is that the stacking tolerance phenomenon is not just going to apply to one style of gun. There are tolerances on polymer parts as well.

Im not disputing that more glocks are 100% than 1911s. Id take a glock if going into a combat situation, but not for what I want to use it for.

Tolerance stack-up does apply to anything that is mass produced. His point is that when the 1911 was designed, the tolerances were not designed for what we know today as modern machining processes...they were designed for the gunsmithing techniques of that time.

The Glock was designed in an era where manufacturing processes dictated the tolerance band the designers could work with, hence a design that can work equally well with parts throughout the tolerance band.

I haven't taken a pistol class with my 1911, so can't say that my Glock works better than my 1911.

What I will say is that I would feel confident having either as my sidearm.

Top Bottom