• ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Nothing new about this.

IPD was doing what was called "Immediate Detention" of a person who an officer believed to be a danger to himself or others throughout my entire career, 1967 - 1993. Although the language may be different, the intent is the same...........to detain a potentially dangerous and usually irrationally-acting person until an appropriate evaluation can be made. One of those multitude of damned if you do - damned if you don't things.

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My own personal thoughts on this story in no particular order are:

The legal statutes cited earlier in this thread were created because there was no legal way to keep guns out of the hands of an individual whose own family has stated had "mental" issues. This individual later murdered someone from my senior class.

Discharging firearms inside a garage that is part of a house where you are storing 10 pounds of marijuana is a big step on the road to FAIL!

If it is true that Barb Collins is responsible for determining the "sanity" of defendants in Court 8, it's supremely ironic. I have dealt with both her and her court staff and believe her to be Bat-Sh!t crazy, with those working in her court to be intimidated into allegiance and ignorance. She is a prime example of the "I am a Judge, therefore I am God" complex.

The picture of that guy laying on his porch does nothing for any argument that he is not mentally unstable.

All of the above is, of course, my own most humble opinion...

Top Bottom