• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    After searching for what seems to be hours I finally need help. I am looking for a good/comfortable IWB holster/holsters.

Guns that will be considered for CC are XD9, XD45, G19, P226 and maybe my G17. Any thoughts on a good, better, best? And being ambi, what about for lefties. Gonna have to figure out which is going to work best for me. Or both:rockwoot:. I do not plan on CC a 1911 (which I don't have, yet but is in my future). I figure a medium sized guy like me couldnt carry a 1911 on the waist anyways. So thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I use a Minotaur MTAC Holster from comp-tac.com. I am a left handed shooter. I have used it for glocks & Xd's in both sub-compact and compact with out any problems. It's a little more expensive than similar styled holsters, but I think the fit and finish is better

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    There are a TON out there, and although some of the higher end (Milt Sparks, del Fatti, etc.) seem to garner a lot of praise, you're probably going to have to borrow a few makes to try before you'll know what feels good to YOU. BTW, I'm not a huge guy and I conceal a full size 1911 without trouble - in a ROG Gunleather holster, which is the most comfortable IWB holster I've ever carried; but he doesn't make holsters for lefties. :(

If you aren't wedded to IWB, I carry a P228 in a Raven Concealment holster, and because the Raven pulls so close to the body it conceals EXTREMELY well, and is even more comfortable than the IWB.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    I'm a fan of the Comp tac MTAC, I can slide a G 17 into it and it disappears

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I'd vote Crossbreed Supertuck. I've had one for about a year and it's the most comfortable IWB I've had. They have a little bit of a lead time but you can get most models @ Midway USA. They're made to fit multiple models (ie Glock 19, 23, 26, 27, 17, 19, etc).

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I'm kinda liking the Crossbreed Supertuck from reviews. Not being at the Indy 1500 in about a decade, any vendors there that sell them on the spot? I'm going regardless, but have no idea where to look other than just walk and shop.

Thanks again.

Kbouma

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Howe, IN
    I like Don Hume holsters. I have two-IWB and hip carry-for my SA XD .45. Both are very comfortable and do a great job securing the weapon. I have also had good luck with Galco holsters. I carry my 1911 in the Cop Slide holster and am very pleased with it.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    After searching for what seems to be hours I finally need help. I am looking for a good/comfortable IWB holster/holsters.

Guns that will be considered for CC are XD9, XD45, G19, P226 and maybe my G17. Any thoughts on a good, better, best? And being ambi, what about for lefties. Gonna have to figure out which is going to work best for me. Or both:rockwoot:. I do not plan on CC a 1911 (which I don't have, yet but is in my future). I figure a medium sized guy like me couldnt carry a 1911 on the waist anyways. So thoughts, ideas, suggestions?
    I tend to disagree. The 1911 is a thin handgun with a grip length right on par with many of the CC guns out there today. If you are going to go with a larger handgun, which I feel best with myself, just make sure you don't skimp on the holster or BELT. Yes, the belt is 50% of the success story with IWB or OWB carry. JMHO.:twocents:

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    Fobus makes an inexpensive IWB holster now, but I think just for Glocks so far. I saw one today at Indy Gun Safety and after looking at it crosseyed a while I decided to give it a try. I've had it on all day (once I figured out how it clips to the belt from the inside, through the pants) and so far I like it. It's no custom leather piece, but functionally it's great and drawing/reholstering is easy. I used to have a leather Don Hume IWB holster for the same gun and this feels way less bulky and stays in place better.

Fobus Holster: Inside Waistband Holsters

Sorry about the angle, awkward photo to take:
    19895ca4.jpg

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    I use a Minotaur MTAC Holster from comp-tac.com. I am a left handed shooter. I have used it for glocks & Xd's in both sub-compact and compact with out any problems. It's a little more expensive than similar styled holsters, but I think the fit and finish is better

+1 for the MTAC. I have one for my glock 26 and it has been an awesome holster. I'm a lefty also.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    IMO you can't beat a Crossbreed Supertuck coupled with a good gun belt. I added Perry suspenders (which hook to your belt) because I carry a Kimber .45, a taclight and a clip-knife. I hardly feel the weapon and I'm not always adjusting for its weight. Thanks to Jim Floyd at DPG for the idea.

JB75

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    fort wayne
    I have a tt gun leather reinforced mouth iwb "mikes special" for my glock 30 and a matching single mag holder that is the best I have ever owned. They are made to order right or left hand for any gun, but they are a bit expensive and my last holster was a 7 month wait. Check out their web site and see for yourself it's worth it.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    High Noon makes a good product. I use a tuckable, gives me the option of CC with shirt tucked in but is still very comfortable. Wide range of models available.

Top Bottom