IWB Holster Recommendation for Skinny guy (XD-9 SC)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    I have already a holster that you can make IWB and OWB holster by switching the clip which is very cool but here's my problem. I way 140 and I am a small skinny built guy but would love to conceal/carry my gun. Right now the gun with the holster is to bulky inside but I do see some ones that appear to have the gun raised up over the pants more so it doesn't look like you have massive lumps. I want to conceal as much as possible - if you can see big humps outside my pants/shirt then why keep it concealed haha...

Gun: Springfield XD-9 Sub Compact...

-Thanks in advance!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The best IWB holster is the Comp-TAC MTAC. Its a leather Kydex hybrid. And it's VERY
    comfortable. I wear mine everyday, all day, with no problems.

I highly recommend it. I have 2, one for my Glock 19 and one for my M&P9c.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    The best IWB holster is the Comp-TAC MTAC. Its a leather Kydex hybrid. And it's VERY
    comfortable. I wear mine everyday, all day, with no problems.

I highly recommend it. I have 2, one for my Glock 19 and one for my M&P9c.

Thanks any links where I can purchase online - I am always online more so and like to purchase online...

darthfader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    NWI
    i have a comp tek as well but am not very fond of it... the kydex in the back that rides up the back of my m&p pistol chaffs the webbing between my thumb and index finger when im training with it, after 100-150 draws in a day my hand gets real raw. you cant modify it cause that piece is there to prevent your clothing from getting caught up in your trigger when you reholster. i prefer the x concealment holster at x-concealment.com. the thing is an owb and is so small no one will notice it.

JB75

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    fort wayne
    I have a tt gunleather mikes special iwb it has a 5% cant so its very comfortable to wear and easy to draw. It conceals well but I have to use care on what kind of shirts I wear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    I am hearing a lot about the crossbreed holsters and saw some videos of slim guys wearing them and it looks like a magic trick of concealment - saw the Comp Taks and heard the platstic belt loops move a lot and also wear off - the crossbreed is metal... anyone had any crossbreeds?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions looks like I got a solid lead on the MTAC - anyone got pics of how it looks holstered with a smaller build?

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    I am hearing a lot about the crossbreed holsters and saw some videos of slim guys wearing them and it looks like a magic trick of concealment - saw the Comp Taks and heard the platstic belt loops move a lot and also wear off - the crossbreed is metal... anyone had any crossbreeds?

i have had both. from my experience MTAC> supertuck.

the supertuck is too big, the mtac is just right with leather only where it needs to be. the way the mtac is designed it allows for more cant and adjustments.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    last time i checked also, the crossbreed had exposed rivets on the back side of the holster where as the MTAC has an extra thin layer of leather covering it's rivets. adds a touch of thickness, but not that much IMO. Crossbreed may have changed their design since the last time I looked though. I love my MTAC, but either holster would serve you very well honestly.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson

I have a Crossbreed holster which I use everyday. I carry a XD 40 in it and wear it to work. I've had it for about 6 months now and find it very comfortable. I did change the belt loops, holders, whatever they're called, and use the Velcro so I can tuck in a shirt if I want and it doesn't show. The metal holders will scar up your belt, too, I found. The belt I use is one I bought from the NRA and it works just fine, FWIW.

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    I am about your size, actually, a little smaller, and I have a 19 in a Comp-Tac MTAC. It conceals exceptionally well, even with just a t-shirt, so long as I am careful about bending over and other motions that could make it print/slip out. I have only had it be noticed twice in as many years. So, for what it's worth, I would absolutely buy it again.

I like to double T shirts up in the summer though, it really helps a lot in contrast to not doing that.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Forget the Crossbreeds. Go with a Galco KingTuk for half the price and all the comfort. I have one for my full size M&P9 and I love it. Takes about 100 draws to break it in, but its all smooth sailing after that.

Galco King Tuk Holster FREE S&H KT158B, KT218B, KT248B, KT472B, KT225B, KT212B, KT224B, KT440B. Galco Concealed Holsters.

cheapest place around to get them. Was at my house in 2 days.

100 draws to break it in?

My MTAC was G2G as soon as I got it. But, then again, it's a more quality holster too.

Top Bottom