• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oucme69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    indianapolis
    i am looking for a IWB holster for my full size 1911 like the way the andrews leather MacDaniel 2 looks and i like the crossbread supertuck and was also looking at the galco kingtuk but have never owned an iwb holster and dont know about them so im looking for reviews and suggestions thanks for your time

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Previous EDC was a Firestar (Interarms) .40.
    Present is a S&W M&P .40c.
    For each, I ordered a Mitch Rosen "Workman".
    I like'd both so much, that I'm going to buy a OWB type from Mitch Rosen, because I OC a lot more, and OWB is more comfortable.
    The "workman" forms a V. The gun on one side, the belt loop on the other side of the V. This allows your shirt to be tucked, and over the gun.
    You have to order it for your weapon. They need to know the type you have. They craft it to your specs. Belt size, side of body, etc.

They are well built, and worth the money, in my opinion.
    But you do have to wait for them to make it.

AZ D

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    NWI
    I also like the kydex and leather hybrids. However, I recently ordered an IWB holster from Simply Rugged for a K frame revolver, which is also full sized and heavy, and I'm very impressed with it! It makes that revolver easy to carry. I'll definitely be ordering from them again!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I ***love*** my Comp-Tac MTAC -> Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster

By far the most comfortable I've used and makes my full size 1911 disappear.

The Kydex part is user swappable and cheap so if you ever change carries you need not buy a whole new holster as well.

This.

Th MTAC is by far the best Kydex/leather hybrid on the market. It is actually stitched and finished gun leather vs the competitors which resemble kydex riveted to scrap leather by comparison.

ixutf5.jpg

Last edited:

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I'm partial to the Milt Sparks VersaMax II. I have and use three of them with a Kimber TLE, Glock 30, and a Walter P99 which are my primary carry guns. If I switched out of any of the 3 above and went to another model the VersaMax would be ordered the first chance I could.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    +1 For Comp-Tac
    I just purchased an ETW as well for my 26 that I like a lot but I don't think the design would suit a full frame 1911 well

bakeman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Linton, IN
    I have a crossbreed supertuck. It is a quality holster, and i will buy from them again when i buy a larger carry weapon. Very comfortable.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    This is me concealing with my Comp-Tac MTAC. It looks like you 'might' be able to see it in the first picture but it's just how the shirt fell - the gun is much further back and does not stick out to the front at all.

2013-02-07_2028.png

2013-02-07_2028_001.png

2013-02-07_2029.png

Last edited:

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I'll throw my vote out there for the CBST. I carry a full size Kimber 1911 in the CB and have had no problems at all. Summer carry, winter carry doesn't matter plus it's comfortable to wear all day, sitting or standing.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'll throw my vote out there for the CBST. I carry a full size Kimber 1911 in the CB and have had no problems at all. Summer carry, winter carry doesn't matter plus it's comfortable to wear all day, sitting or standing.
    CBST and MTAC are essentially the same design, except the MTAC uses gun-grade leather with stitching and has user-swappable kydex. The CBST can have different kydex inserts but you have to send it back and pay some money for them to swap it for you where as it can be done by the end-user with the MTAC.

Ultimately, both are a solid choice - but I prefer the MTAC :).

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    I have had many holsters in the past and have not found anything better than the crossbreed supertuck or the Comp-Tac Ctac/Mtac for comfort.

Top Bottom