• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • serviceboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    franklin, in.
    just bought an iver johnson handgun. i am trying to find out more info on this gun...
    it is 38 caliber
    top of barrel reads: "iver johnson's arms & cycle works" ( before the i on iver there seems to be a smaller less deep stamp maybe a lower case b or capital D)
    second line reads "fitchburg, mass u.s.a."
    under trigger says "15229"
    i took off grip and inside on left of grip says "t15229"
    the owl head on grip is pointing towards the barrel(i think this tells me its black powder)
    i hear some talk about "double post latch" not really sure what this means...
    it is a top break revolver, the cylinder does come off

on bottom of grip has "jun 16.96 aug 23" and cant read what year
    under those says "pat's pending"
    please help anything appreciated. this is my first old gun to start collecting so im very excited in its past! thank!!!:dunno:

hunter46140

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I have a break action 38 s&w. owl facing out not toward cylinder. I only know the cal because the previous owner told me it was a 38 s&w. I would like info also on these guns!!

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    I wish I still had the Iver Johnson that I had about ten years ago. My grandmother gave it to me and it took me a while to figure out that it was a .38 S&W, NOT a .38 S&W Special (".38 Special"). At the time I recall it being pretty tough to find ammo...the first salesperson I talked to sold me a box of .38 Special, assuring me that it would work, as he clearly didn't know that there was any other kind of .38 caliber ammunition than the .38 Special. The guy felt bad and actually allowed me to return the ammunition, which of course they usually won't do. That gun just felt good in the hand...semiautomatics are cool, but there's just something reassuring about a revolver....

Top Bottom