I've seen the enemy and it is us....................

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They could also submit the article to the proper authorities and wait, say, oh 3-6 months for approval prior to posting said article?

They would only need that on a high traffic website like CNN.com that reaches a large number of visitors. They could still post to small blogs that serve less than 29 visitors a day.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    How'd that freedom of the presses thing work out in Venezuela once the guns were outlawed? Oh, I forgot, Hugo was one of the good guys. Never mind.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Here is a direct link to this bill. I'd really like to see something like this introduced in Indiana and as many other states as possible. You can read the whole bill, but the following should should look familiar to pretty much anyone here.

(A) The Secretary of State’s Office shall create a registry for the registration of persons who qualify as a journalist pursuant to this chapter.

(B) A person seeking to register shall provide all information required by the office including, but not limited to, a criminal record background check, an affidavit from the media outlet attesting to the applicant’s journalistic competence, and an application fee in an amount determined by the office.
    (C) A registration is valid for two years and must be renewed within thirty days of expiration.
    (D)(1) The Secretary of State’s Office may deny, revoke, or refuse to issue or renew a registration if the office finds that the person:
    (a) has filed an application for registration that contains a statement that is false or misleading with respect to a material fact;
    (b) has failed to pay the proper application fee or any other fee or penalty imposed pursuant to this chapter; or
    (c) has failed to comply with any provision of this chapter.
    (2) The Secretary of State’s Office shall deny, revoke, or refuse to issue or renew a registration if a media outlet has determined pursuant to Section 40-85-40 that the person is not competent to be a journalist….
    (B) Before working as a journalist for a media outlet in this State, a person shall provide a criminal record background check to the media outlet to determine journalistic competence and register with the South Carolina Responsible Journalism Registry. After registering, the person shall provide a copy of the registration to the media outlet. A person may not work as a journalist until the person provides a copy of a registration to the media outlet.
    Section 40-85-40. (A) A person is not competent to be a journalist if:
    (1) within the three years before submitting an application for registration, the person has been determined by a court of law to have committed:
    (a) libel, slander, or invasion of privacy; or
    (b) a felony if the underlying offense was committed to collect, write, or distribute news or other current information for a media outlet; or
    (2) as a journalist, the person has demonstrated a reckless disregard of the basic codes and canons of professional journalism associations, including a disregard of truth, accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness, and public accountability, as applicable to the acquisition of newsworthy information and its subsequent dissemination to the public.

I certainly hope that he is collecting all of the arguments now being thrown out by the ACLU, Democrats, journalists and others regarding infringing on their constitutional rights. These should be saved and thrown back at these same people later when they try to justify similar restrictions on gun owners.

Last edited:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Have the progressive drones figured out yet that they were being pwned?
    The brighter ones will keep their mouths shut, pretend that this proposed law doesn't exist, and wait for it to blow over because they don't have an effective counterpoint to it.

The dumber ones will lash out and draw more attention to the proposed law.

You can guess which one CSGV is.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    12592687_498571730330760_7914392766751191764_n.jpg

I think CSGV just broke my irony meter :D

irony-meter-explode.jpg

Frickin' priceless..that made my weekend....maybe my week! I read the whole article...it pointed out that this was totally a 2nd amendment thing later in the article. I was worried as the first half was totally an onion article. I love it!

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I don't understand why everyone is concerned over this bill. I mean, this is just common sense journalism legislation. It doesn't infringe on the First Amendment in any way and if it just saves just one life, well, it's worth it then. Isn't it? Actually, I think it doesn't go far enough. I think it needs to contain keyboard capacity limitations as well because we all know that the First Amendment was just refering to quill pens and small printing presses.

(Dang it. I keep forgetting to use purple.)

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    It actually doesn't infringe at all. There are no real journalists in the US these days, so no one would be required to register...

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I like it! He's doing this to prove a point. What OTHER right requires a license to exercise? Once the arguments against this come, those SAME arguments can be used against firearms licensing laws.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I like it! He's doing this to prove a point. What OTHER right requires a license to exercise? Once the arguments against this come, those SAME arguments can be used against firearms licensing laws.

My right to sell real estate? :dunno:

Top Bottom