• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bogie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Munster
    It's been 57 days since my last one. I think that this is the only New Years resolution that i have ever managed to keep for this long. I just quit it cold turkey and I've had my fair share of urges but I've stayed strong. It helps a lot that I have my girlfriend to quit with me. Lets just say its been going a little better for me :rockwoot:

Blown71X

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Boone County
    Good luck and stay with it, the first couple of weeks are the worst.

April 20th 2012 I had a serious heart attack with no warning and have not had one since.
    I still want one to this day and 1 year is approaching quickly, however living is far more important as my list of people to **** off is still quite long. :D

Rick

Last edited:

Nicr1991

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    If you can make it past the first three days you can make it. There have been lots of case studies that show that quitting cold turkey is the most effective way, and the three day hump is the threshold for quitting... YOU CAN DO IT! Good luck!

MaLfUnCtIoN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    I gave up cigarettes and chewing tobacco the same day(February 22, 1980) 33 years ago. It is a tough thing to do but it is worth it in the end. I chewed enough gum and consumed enough lifesavers to fill a C-130. Dont think you can have "just one" once in a while if you do you have to quit all over again. Good Luck.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Tired of it. Started smoking around the age of 16. I'm 35 and I'm done with it. I'm taking the tough man approach. No pills no gum and no patches. I'm just done with it. I've decided that when I get up tomorrow and burn that last one that's the last one period. You guys are now my support group. Thanks in advance for all the help.
    Quit now!
    It's like saying "I'm done buying guns........for now"

jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I smoked from 17-22. I'm 35 now and the first few year after quitting I still felt like it had a hold on me. I quit cold turkey. I started lifting weights and running to help offset the weight gain that I knew would happen.
    Quitting is tough, but well worth it. Obviously. :D

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    :DGood for you. I quit cold turkey about a month ago after years of smoking. Still have cravings every now and then, but just tell myself "You are a non-smoker" and that works for me.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Carmel
    Sounds like you've got your head in the right place.
    I smoked for 20 years and quit cold turkey.
    Haven't had a smoke in 6 years, but I still get cravings every once in a while.
    You can do it!

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    All these ads' on the radio claim there are 7000 chemicals coming out of a cigarette. Where is the list to back up these allegations?

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    Well I didn't have that last one this morning. I dropped on my way out the door to smoke it. It got soaked lol. Going on 18 hours now. Sometimes I feel like I can't breath. Sometimes I feel like I am having a heart attack. Sometimes I want to choke people. I can't sit still. But I keep telling myself it's for them best. Going to be a long 48 hours.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Tired of it. Started smoking around the age of 16. I'm 35 and I'm done with it. I'm taking the tough man approach. No pills no gum and no patches. I'm just done with it. I've decided that when I get up tomorrow and burn that last one that's the last one period. You guys are now my support group. Thanks in advance for all the help.

You might also check out the Stop Smoking section on Reddit:
    redditors helping redditors to quit smoking

It's just another support group, basically, and everybody encourages each other and offers tips for meeting your goal.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Well I didn't have that last one this morning. I dropped on my way out the door to smoke it. It got soaked lol. Going on 18 hours now. Sometimes I feel like I can't breath. Sometimes I feel like I am having a heart attack. Sometimes I want to choke people. I can't sit still. But I keep telling myself it's for them best. Going to be a long 48 hours.

Ain't no big deal! You got it! You got an excuse for yelling at people for a couple weeks... "Oh, sorry, I just quit smoking," and they'll understand :ar15:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom