I've fallen (in a ditch) and can't get up.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    While driving into town I saw a older lady fall into a ditch. I looked in my mirror and she did not get up. I turned around and drove back to the site. A nice grandmama with large hips was on her back wedged into the ditch. She couldn't get up so I helped her sit up and then get out of ditch. She was a little wet and embarrassed and walked back up to her house. She was getting the mail when she slipped.She offered me peanut butter cookies and I could not refuse. I can't get the image of a turned over turtle struggling out of my head.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    All jokes aside, I am grateful you had the opportunity to help and you did help her.

Same here. Its nice to see people actually help. Especially in the day of cell phones, its entirely too easy to "care enough to do the very least" and either move on or call someone else to help. Good job getting involved.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I was on a bus in South Carolina back in the late 1970's when I watched a young guy riding a 10 speed and carrying a bag of groceries go over the edge of the shoulder and into the swamps.
    The last thing I saw was his feet, the bike's two wheels, and random groceries hanging in the air.
    It almost looked like a cartoon.

I've wondered for 40+ years what ever happened to that poor unfortunate soul.

It's not like I had a chance to help, but I still wonder.

Top Bottom