• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Does this still apply? How did those that got caught carrying get caught?
    Yes, it still applies. To tell you the truth, I can only remember one time that someone was "caught" carrying. It was during the Gus Macker turney in 1997 and some mope was playing bball. He made a jump shot and his Hi-Point came flying out of his back pocket. He was not a student and had a carry permit so we let him lock it in a locker at the station and gave him the key till he was done playing. Now some of the professors are raging anti-gun nuts so keeping them concealed is a must. Some did not even like me showing up to class in uniform but there was not much they could do about it. We have had people ask us about the firearms policy and we would tell them off the record that concealed meant concealed...officially we could not endorse concealed carry per IUPUI rules. Unless you did something to break the law, you would not have your pistol taken away or you be disciplined by the school. I still know most of the admin and officers there so little has changed.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Its not the people with carry permits that are harming others, its the criminals that have no respect for life. But we are the ones that are paying for these pieces of ****!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Got to love how smart the guy was, asking for a ATM PIN, sad thing is ill bet the kid gave it to him. Gosh, when will these punks stop?

False ATM pin...the first time you approach me without CC (as if that was ever going to happen) shame on me, when you discover the false ATM pin and come after me the second time...I will be waiting and ready!

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    This may happen sooner than you think. It's called a smart card. The military has been using this system for years. To store medical info and such for personnel. This card will be your ID, Drivers License, your access to your money, Medical History, etc...

SMART card + SMART grid, doesn't this Orwellian future scare people?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    IUPUI student robbed at gun point

Very short article, basically the kid was comming home late after studying and was robbed by a relatively small man with what the article said to be a Short Barreled Shotgun, but knowing the media could be a number of things.

This is why I hate leaving my ccw at home when I go to IUPUI.

If you hate doing it, then stop! At the end of the day, you are responsible for your well being, and I am sure you understand that no one else is. If you have a LTCH it's not illegal, so don't think you are bound.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    If you hate doing it, then stop! At the end of the day, you are responsible for your well being, and I am sure you understand that no one else is. If you have a LTCH it's not illegal, so don't think you are bound.

but if he gets caught, he will be kicked out of school

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Paul,

IF he gets caught, he may get kicked out of school. That involves two very large variables. I know you don't know me, but let me assure you this is not a view that I adopted lightly. I am a student myself and had to consider this long and hard.

Some folks would say that if you are dead they can't expel you, meaning that while you could be expelled if you do carry, the repercussions for not carrying could be even worse.

OTOH, some would say that the odds of needing a handgun for defense while at school are less than the odds that you'd be discovered. Personally, I am not convinced which way the odds play. I will say this- it may be about the stakes, not the odds. What I mean is that while the odds may favor any given side, what you stand to lose (the stakes) is potentially your life, and that's not a gamble to take lightly.

Would it be worse to be a man who changed schools or career paths because he was expelled for defending himself (again, expulsion is not guaranteed) or, would you rather be dead but have a clear conscience that the school could hold nothing over you (I will also recognize that not carrying does not equal imminent death).

I don't mean to imply that this is an easy decision to make. My original post is to point out that he isn't bound by law, and if he decides not to carry, he is doing so by his own decision to disarm himself. I respect his decision either way, but don't act like it's out of our hands, because it simply isn't.

Regards,
    Josh

Top Bottom