• ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    IANAL. I thought it was interesting.

On your comment on Pelosi's delay. I think what she did can be measured in weeks. Subpoenas would be measured in months of delays. Well into the primary season. That was untenable for both sides.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Seems like the House would have subpoenaed him when they had the chance, before submitting the articles to the Senate. If they had been doing their job, that is. Now they want to change the rules. Color me unsurprised.

It was a little more complicated. If you remember, Bolton was one of the people that they wanted to testify, but Trump was blocking that testimony. The correct remedy for that of course would have been to let the courts sort all that out. But Democrats were too hurried to get their partisan wet dream passed and sat on, to wait for the system to work out the executive privilege issue. I see it as too late now. If they wanted Bolton's testimony the time to have gotten it was before they drafted the articles of impeachment. Personally I would not mind hearing it myself. But I think most people have made up their minds already.

Anyone who hasn't decided something already isn't likely to be persuaded by Bolton. Well. Except for Kut. He's about the only person in America who hasn't made up his mind. But knowing the leak is legit could possibly swing him to the "guilty" side. The ****'s already been leaked from his book. Bolton isn't going to say anything worse than what the leak said. If the leaked information stands without the Defense being able to cross-examine Bolton, that's probably the best it's gonna get for team D.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It was a little more complicated. If you remember, Bolton was one of the people that they wanted to testify, but Trump was blocking that testimony. The correct remedy for that of course would have been to let the courts sort all that out. But Democrats were too hurried to get their partisan wet dream passed and sat on, to wait for the system to work out the executive privilege issue. I see it as too late now. If they wanted Bolton's testimony the time to have gotten it was before they drafted the articles of impeachment. Personally I would not mind hearing it myself. But I think most people have made up their minds already.

Anyone who hasn't decided something already isn't likely to be persuaded by Bolton. Well. Except for Kut. He's about the only person in America who hasn't made up his mind. But knowing the leak is legit could possibly swing him to the "guilty" side. The ****'s already been leaked from his book. Bolton isn't going to say anything worse than what the leak said. If the leaked information stands without the Defense being able to cross-examine Bolton, that's probably the best it's gonna get for team D.
    Kut hasn’t made up his mind?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It would have pushed the impeachment hearing out for an extended period of time, according to Pelosi. To some extent, that makes sense.

Will subpoenas be needed in the Senate trial? There is a Supreme Court justice in situ. I would hazard a guess that he can rule on the witness issue without delay.

Does he have the authority to do that? Wouldn't that need the full court? In the House, to resolve the issue of executive privilege, the court has to decide, not the SCOTUS chief justice.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You guys are poking the bear for no reason. Is it impossible to keep it on topic only, Jamil?

I kept it on topic. I just had a little fun on the way. No name calling. No ridicule. I'm sure Kut got a kick out of it. I think if we joked more, and still made points, but injecting some fun, maybe people wouldn't get so upset.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ahh, the purple eluded me!

:facepalm:

Really? So it wasn't obvious enough? Jeez, even when the sarcasm dripps.

For future consideration: I don't use purple. If you read something that sounds kinda discordant with reality, think about whether it would make more sense as sarcasm.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I kept it on topic. I just had a little fun on the way. No name calling. No ridicule. I'm sure Kut got a kick out of it. I think if we joked more, and still made points, but injecting some fun, maybe people wouldn't get so upset.

Yeah. I remember how much fun it was to be singled out in high school for ridicule.

Until I punched the offender in the throat.....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah. I remember how much fun it was to be singled out in high school for ridicule.

Until I punched the offender in the throat.....

:scratch:

Uh :wrongdoor:

ETA: Wait. Are you calling that ridicule? :rolleyes:

:chillpill:

Calm down INGO. Not everything is nefarious.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm calling it gratuitous.

If Kut had responded, we'd have 15 pages of responses about his response and a popcorn icon from CM.

I don't think so. It was just a joke intermingled with a point. So instead we're gonna have you complaining about a joke? So you're offended on his behalf? C'mon man. No one's trying to tweak anyone here. No need for feathers ruffled. And please, let's get back to the discussion. And I won't even mind of you joke while making a point. It's okay. I doubt Kut was offended by it. No need for you to be.

Top Bottom