Trump wins again.
    E5fJiPi.jpg

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Need to put Jerry Nadler on Adam Shiff's shoulders and have them take on Donald Trump like Masterblaster in Thunderdome. Unlike the impeachment hearings, that would sell on pay per view.

I like it, but—

We know of at least one contributor who would have a conniption when Trump/Max blew the “dog whistle”.

Blaster didn’t have a pencil neck and bug eyes, either.

Last edited:

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Could you imagine the heads exploding in CA if Feinstein voted against impeachment. More importantly, the nuclear fallout from Nancy & Company across the hall.
    Maybe even the several tons of :poop: that will need removed after the amount defecation in the house.
    Isn’t that amount just the daily discharge to “The Streets of San Francisco”??

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Trump wins again.
    E5fJiPi.jpg

Hoooold on thar Bobalooie.
    Fox News is now reporting that Mitch McConnell is now saying that he does NOT have the votes to block calling witnesses for the senate impeachment trial.
    The Democrats are going to stretch this out as long as possible, doing more and more damage to their own cause.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Need to put Jerry Nadler on Adam Shiff's shoulders and have them take on Donald Trump like Masterblaster in Thunderdome. Unlike the impeachment hearings, that would sell on pay per view.

I think if you put highpockets-nadless on the shoulders of little schiff-for-brains, his eyes would pop into the next area code.
    I don't know schiff-for-brains' dress size but he ain't a strong person.

For the fun of it - try to find out how tall he is - or try to find a picture of him standing with normal size people. He likes to have his picture taken so that shouldn't be very hard.

Last edited:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Hoooold on thar Bobalooie.
    Fox News is now reporting that Mitch McConnell is now saying that he does NOT have the votes to block calling witnesses for the senate impeachment trial.
    The Democrats are going to stretch this out as long as possible, doing more and more damage to their own cause.

I just heard this too. I'll hold off on another victory lap for the time being.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So you don't think the senate can assign the CJ the authority to subpoena witnesses at his own whim? The constitution says the Senate has sole authority on their part of the impeachment process. But you don't think that includes the authority to delegate some powers to whomever it wants? I disagree.

No. Not when that "whomever" represents a separate, co-equal branch of government.

The House delegating its constitutional impeachment investigation authority to an independent investigator is one thing. The Senate delegating its constitutional impeachment trial duties to the judicial branch is something else entirely.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No. Not when that "whomever" represents a separate, co-equal branch of government.

The House delegating its constitutional impeachment investigation authority to an independent investigator is one thing. The Senate delegating its constitutional impeachment trial duties to the judicial branch is something else entirely.
    We’ll have to agree to disagree about that.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Actually, by majority vote, the Senate CAN give the presiding officer the authority to issue subpoenas for witnesses or other evidence. Methinks you have too literal a view of separation of powers. The vice president presides over the Senate in most duties, but not in the case of a presidential impeachment due to the apparent conflict of interests. The CJ can rule on evidence, procedure, etc. but can be overruled by a majority vote of the Senate. In the case of a tie vote in the Senate, the CJ is a tie-breaker.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Seems like everything is all about the now, no one thinks about the long term good of the country...

Democrats seek to frame President Donald Trump’s “perfectly legitimate” actions as “impeachable conduct” by accusing the president of malicious intent, explained John Yoo, professor of law at the University of California, Berkeley, visiting scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, and visiting fellow at the Hoover Institution.

Attribution of unverifiable malicious motives to Trump’s conduct is an attempt to criminalize lawful execution of presidential authority, explained Yoo.

“The only thing that really separates for the Democrats what would be perfectly legitimate on its face — asking for the investigation [of Joe Biden in Ukraine], delaying the aid [to Ukraine] a little bit — to something impeachable, the only thing that makes it impeachable is what was in President Trump’s mind when he did it,” said Yoo. “What was his mental state? This is an argument you have seen Democrats make repeatedly against President Trump in things like the travel ban to the wall.”

Yoo went on, “Things that are perfectly legitimate actions of government are transformed into misdeeds and even into impeachable conduct just because [Democrats] think President Trump has the wrong motives or state of mind. That is impossible to prove, and if you allow a Congress to impeach presidents in the future just for things they think or [for having] a bad motive — but the actions themselves are perfectly legitimate — you would destroy the independence of the presidency, which would, I think, do long-term harm to the country.”

https://www.breitbart.com/radio/202...tions-of-government-into-impeachable-conduct/

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I’m getting tired of hearing the words “explosive” and “bombshell”

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Actually, by majority vote, the Senate CAN give the presiding officer the authority to issue subpoenas for witnesses or other evidence.

In this scenario as I understand it, the CJ is performing a procedural duty. It is the Senate requesting the subpoena through the Senate's subpoena power that derives from its constitutional authority to try impeachments. The CJ is merely issuing the subpoena as a procedural matter.

Methinks you have too literal a view of separation of powers. The vice president presides over the Senate in most duties, but not in the case of a presidential impeachment due to the apparent conflict of interests. The CJ can rule on evidence, procedure, etc. but can be overruled by a majority vote of the Senate. In the case of a tie vote in the Senate, the CJ is a tie-breaker.

I believe this is incorrect. Neither the CJ nor the VP can break ties on procedural votes. Senate rules follow Robert's Rules of Order, which dictate that tie votes fail.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You should never get tired of hearing those words. You should only get tired about whatever they reference.

We disagree here. It is related to the reason that I don't watch any news TV. They are all following a formula designed to keep everyone at a heightened sense of concern, anger, fear, etc. (I swear you could literally feel your blood pressure rise/fall based on how much of that crap you consume.) The whole "bombshell", "explosive", all-breaking-news-all-the-time is part and parcel. It becomes like a dopamine hit or something. Everything is over-sensationalized. Every matter is not discussed, but rather debated, with everyone interrupting and talking over each other.

(And political social media is just as bad, if not worse - albeit in different ways.)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We disagree here. It is related to the reason that I don't watch any news TV. They are all following a formula designed to keep everyone at a heightened sense of concern, anger, fear, etc. (I swear you could literally feel your blood pressure rise/fall based on how much of that crap you consume.) The whole "bombshell", "explosive", all-breaking-news-all-the-time is part and parcel. It becomes like a dopamine hit or something. Everything is over-sensationalized. Every matter is not discussed, but rather debated, with everyone interrupting and talking over each other.

(And political social media is just as bad, if not worse - albeit in different ways.)

References I will never get tired of hearing:

"Want see me set off some explosives?"
    "Whoa, look over there, that chick is a bombshell!"

:dunno:

Top Bottom