It's official - IN-SOS reports just 21% voter turnout in the May 2010 primary.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did you vote in the 2010 May Primary?

• Total voters

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    The buses weren't running and there were no free cheeseburgers.

Pretty pathetic, in my opinion. Probably the most important election year in our lifetimes (so far) and we care barely muster a 21% voter turnout statewide in the primary. Just marginally better than the 19% in the last off-year primary.

http://www.in.gov/sos/elections/files/2010MayPrimaryTurnoutReport05__12_10revision.pdf

I guess we do indeed get the government we deserve.

So I'm gonna bet we turned out a little higher than that here. Easy poll question - did ya, or didn't ya?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I thought the Republican race was a Democrat ploy to steal the race:dunno:

Oh, thats just the ridiculous :poop: being slung by people who apparently couldn't get enough voters that cared. I have voted more Democrat than Republican but was really wanting to see Hostettler or Stutzman in the senate race because I was going to give either one my vote over Ellsworth. I love our system.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    This shows the Tea Party isn't much of a force.

in my opinion now that ive looked alittle more into it. the tea party is just the politicaly right wing pomp and circumstance group for the republican party. im a true believer in the constitution, and i was at first excited about the tea party group, but now i think its a party, corporately regulated group that has been created as a way to fool the participants into thinking they are doing something possitive for their country. i also think the democrats are in on it too, thats why they "condemn" the tea party and their old ladies, as a radical group because they know they are no real threat, and by acknowledging them and talking out against them they give them credibility and more people get suckered in. if you think for a minute that the democrats and the republicans arent working together to screw us out of our constitutional rights, then you must have been living on mars for the past 50 years or more.

THEY ARE ONE IN THE SAME!!!! wolves in sheeps clothing, and we all just keep getting eaten. i have made up my mind and I WILL be voting libertarian this november. period

its real close to coming to "the thing we cannot speak about on INGO" REAL CLOSE!!! and if you dont think so then you are BLIND or STUPID!!!

King Matthew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Tipton
    In my opinion, the primaries are just as, if not more important than the real election. They allow you to get the best people in position to get elected. The problem is the apathy and ignorance of the voting public.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    21% isn't pretty pathetic, it is embarrassing.

Your so right.One of the most important election in recent history,Whats up with that? To much fluoride and prozac in the water? I was really shocked when I hear the turn out was so low that day,I was hoping to hear record turn outs.Just to show the current Admin,that We're watching close, whats going on. Wow 80% sheeple.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    THEY ARE ONE IN THE SAME!!!! wolves in sheeps clothing, and we all just keep getting eaten.

If I'm a wolf in sheep's clothing, can anyone tell me where I laid my lamb chop down? I'm starving here! :):

Most people in the Tea Parties can't agree on what to have for supper let alone who to vote on. I'm tired of hearing about how the R's have taken them over. Really, you should attend a meeting. I think you'd be surprised. However, many of them could use some real leadership.

I still have faith that the Tea Parties can be the lightning rod to ignite the masses. If it doesn't, it won't matter what the next movement is. Nobody will care.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    If I'm a wolf in sheep's clothing, can anyone tell me where I laid my lamb chop down? I'm starving here! :):

Most people in the Tea Parties can't agree on what to have for supper let alone who to vote on. I'm tired of hearing about how the R's have taken them over. Really, you should attend a meeting. I think you'd be surprised. However, many of them could use some real leadership.

I still have faith that the Tea Parties can be the lightning rod to ignite the masses. If it doesn't, it won't matter what the next movement is. Nobody will care.

The tea parties are these oddball angry meetings with no sense of purpose and no clear mission statement.

When the tea parties started, they were full of Ron Paul types who knew exactly what they wanted. The typical Republican doesn't like Ron Paul or Conservatism, and as the angry Republicans have increased, the Ron Paul types have backed out, leave the tea parties as a vague, angry mob.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

no i was saying the leaders are the wolves in sheeps clothing. your just a symbolic pawn that is getting played.

and i have been to a couple meetings and thats why i made my choice to laugh at them and then leave. it was a joke.

we need to get behind people like ron paul. thats the only hope. but i think its all too far gone. we are gonna have to "bump" the table and restart

ron paul can be the "new first president" as far as im concerned.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    Pretty pathetic, in my opinion. Probably the most important election year in our lifetimes (so far) and we can barely muster a 21% voter turnout statewide in the primary. Just marginally better than the 19% in the last off-year primary.

Well from the figures I have heard of there was only a 20% turnout back when we were kickin the snot out of the redcoats
    Just goes to show you what 20% you want to be a part of.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    And the assumption that everyone places themselves into the false dichotomy continues...

The poll should read:

Are you a Republican or Democrat who;
    A: Voted in the Primaries
    B: Didn't Vote in the Primaries.

I suppose I could have employed the underhanded tactics of certain groups in an effort to infiltrate one of those parties and vote for whichever douche seemed less vinegary... but my acid reflux didn't allow me to follow the campaigns of crooks & liars who have no idea what liberty means. I believe my digestive system would have exploded violently.

This year, I'm just going to be voting 3rd party where available & non-incumbent where it's not...Including whoever is running against Dan Coats.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    And the assumption that everyone places themselves into the false dichotomy continues...

The poll should read:

Are you a Republican or Democrat who;
    A: Voted in the Primaries
    B: Didn't Vote in the Primaries.

I suppose I could have employed the underhanded tactics of certain groups in an effort to infiltrate one of those parties and vote for whichever douche seemed less vinegary... but my acid reflux didn't allow me to follow the campaigns of crooks & liars who have no idea what liberty means. I believe my digestive system would have exploded violently.

This year, I'm just going to be voting 3rd party where available & non-incumbent where it's not...Including whoever is running against Dan Coats.

So you are saying that in that 21% there were Democrats who helped swing the Republican race to Coats? Seriously? Also, wouldn't it be a non-issue if the Republicans got off their can and voted even if it was true?

Top Bottom