• singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    :nono:
    Is he not a free man? Since he is it is his right to keep and bear arms.
    He is not reposnible with them but last I check the Bill of Rights and the Consitution did not talk about "being responsible" as a requirement for having arms.
    You and I may not like the way he acts but your statement above I can not agree with.

SingleSix Indiana Hunting regulations state
    "Shooting Across Roads or Waters
    It is illegal to hunt, shoot at or kill any animal or to shoot at any object from within, into, upon or across any public road. It is illegal to shoot across a body of water, except in the lawful pursuit of wildlife."

SOURCE: General Regulations | Indiana Hunting & Trapping Guide | eRegulations.com

Not sure if their is an actual IC for this one. However if you violate the hunting regulations there are fines that can be imposed on you. I do not think you will be charged with a crime (ie. felony) but would have to pay (money) for the violation you broke.

I've wonder about this, so if I'm not hunting can I shoot a target across a pond? I couldn't find the I.C. just the the text you quoted in the hunting regulations.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I've wonder about this, so if I'm not hunting can I shoot a target across a pond? I couldn't find the I.C. just the the text you quoted in the hunting regulations.

Honestly I don't know.
    A pond on your own private property I can't see it being an issue (legal wise) since it's your own land.
    However if you are say at public pond A where hunting can take place I think DNR will pounce on you even if you are NOT hunting just target shooting. Just like those that don't have a fishing license are are 'not really' fishing.
    If its public pond B where no hunting takes place then I think it's more of a grey area.

Never been hunting so have no clue.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    It is illegal to shoot across a body of water, except in the lawful pursuit of wildlife.

You can shoot and hunt across water, as long as you're doing it lawfully. It's an additional charge for those persons breaking the law, like poaching.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Looking past his innumerable violations of safe and responsible handling of a firearm, not to mention his unlawful use of a (alleged) minor's breast, where did he find 300 AAC ammo for, I believe I heard him say, "30-40 cents a round"? MAYBE if I paid 30-40 cents/rd. for my 300 stash, I might cook off a mag or two on full auto IF I was blessed enough to own such a Class III creature.

Top Bottom