• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lafayette Yeti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    I just picked up a single action army revolver with the ejector rod broken off. It's a Navy Arms (just the importer, I believe) with a square around a "BT" underneath. Will any ejector fit this? Colt, Ruger, Uberti etc. or do I need a Navy Arms specific one?

vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Can you post detailed photos?

The revolver was most likely manufactured by Uberti, but could have been produced by ASM or Pieta (spelling very much in question).

Is it the rod that is broken, or is it the housing?

Parts should be available.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I just picked up a single action army revolver with the ejector rod broken off. It's a Navy Arms (just the importer, I believe) with a square around a "BT" underneath. Will any ejector fit this? Colt, Ruger, Uberti etc. or do I need a Navy Arms specific one?

There is a guy in Lakeville, CT that sells spare parts for all of the Italian imports. I can't remember the name but you should be able to do some googling and figure it out.

Good Luck,

Indiucky

Lafayette Yeti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Can you post detailed photos?

The revolver was most likely manufactured by Uberti, but could have been produced by ASM or Pieta (spelling very much in question).

Is it the rod that is broken, or is it the housing?

Parts should be available.

Sadly, no. Only camera I have is on my phone and it won't zoom close enough for any kind of detail.

On the top of the barrel it says "NAVY ARMS CO UNION CITY, NJ MADE IN ITALY". On the left side it says "S.A. CAL 357 MAG." Under the...ejector housing?... on the right side there are two "coat of arms", the one closer to the cylinder I can't make out, the second has some sort of symbol above the letters "PSF". Underneath the barrel on the frame there's a "U" in some kind of shield which in turn is inside a circle. Underneath the frame, towards the front is the serial number J38XXX and the letters "BT" in a square. Right side of the frame is blank, left side has "PAT. SEPT 19, 1871" above "PAT. JULY 2, 1872". The grips are black plastic with the Navy Arms logo towards the top.

The rod is broken, the part that sticks out to get a finger on it to drive out the spent shell. I can use a screwdriver to get a grip on it to use the ejector, but that's just a pain in the butt.

vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    The rod should be fairly easy to replace. You can order the ejector assembly from VTI Gun Parts. Here is a link to the page the lists the part and an exploded diagram. On the diagram, it is part number 164. In the list, it is number 167 for the .357 version.

I hope this helps.

Lafayette Yeti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    As soon as I figure out how to load 'em...

picture.php

picture.php

Lafayette Yeti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Triple K holster and an old work belt until the actual gun belt gets "un-backordered"

I haven't shot a paper target with it yet, but I could put all six rounds into the steel target without even trying, "head shots" were fast and easy too.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom