• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Philabuster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Laporte, IN
    I bought an LCP today. Its funny, when I was 18 I carried a full size Beretta 92 EVERYWHERE. It didn't matter what time of year. I used to laugh at the idea of carrying a small caliber gun. It made no sense to me. I probably mocked a few of my older friends for their small caliber choices, but here I am today. The joke id now on me. I'm 40 now. I no longer dress to conceal. I dress how I want...which now requires a teeny tiny little gun due to the fact that I carry in places that really require no printing. Some part of me feels like I have failed! lol :laugh:

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    The first gun I carried was a Colt Trooper with a 6" barrell in a shoulder holster. What a PITA! Now at 56 years old, it's usually a Kahr or something smaller.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have plenty of "Big" guns to carry but I usually have my Sig P230 in my waistband. I've carried bigger weapons for years but the Sig feels more comfortable and I know it will do what I need it to. I'm 55 btw... ;)

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    64 years of age here. I carry commander sized 1911s or a Sig 228 most times.

Sometimes I will carry a S&W Mod 36 for short trips to the local store.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Have always had different pieces for seasons, dress, casual etc.
    Winter is easy to CC as the cloths are loose and layered. 1911 in winter. Spring is harder
    so the size reduces, usually a Browning BDA .380 hi-cap. Summer is a .44 bull dog wheel gun 5 shot. Small, light and hits like a mule. You have not failed, only adapted.
    Always have the 1911 close by. I am adaptable not stupid.

62 yrs. old.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Been carrying a tiny little P3AT since I was 24. Carried a derringer before that.

Big handguns don't fit my life well. It's a compromise I'm willing to make.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Aww, Sig 230. I have one of those, and I love it, but I don't think I'd carry it except as a bug. I dress pretty much the same way all the time, and my Para P12 disappears on me. With everything I have, and everything I've shot, that's my favorite. Now, it's a doublestack .45ACP, and I consider myself fortunate to be shaped to hide it. I don't make fun of anyone's peashooters, but I'm 47, so it's not an age thing.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Maybe it IS an age thing! I normally carry the sp101, 3 inch, but sometimes, when I'm on the bike, and it's too hot for a riding jacket, I'll "Borrow" the wife's Beretta 950 .25 auto cause I can put it in a pocket! I'm 32

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Maybe it is. I am 52 and occasionally pocket carry a Polish Army P64 chambered in 9x18 Makarov. It isn't my EDC, usually a back up, but I do grab it for quick runs to the store. I feel perfectly comfortable with it in my pocket.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I am 54 and I have a P3AT in my pocket right now.
    When I was 21 I had a .22 cal AMT backup so I could carry it in my back pocket.
    I don't think it's an age thing.
    Maybe you are just getting smarter... lol

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Not an age thing, it's a societal thing. We should all be carrying, anywhere and everywhere we please.

The fact that we have to make a choice to pocket a small caliber something or other so as not to be without just because the linguini spined, whining, hand wringing anti's have a coniption fit when they see even a Nerf gun continually pisses me off. If they are worried about spoiling their panties, they should wear Depends and leave me and my OC'd full size 1911 alone. :D

(I'm 47 BTW)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I'm 52 and used to carry my S&W Mod. 19 .357 back when I was young. It's now next to the bed. But I carry either a Kel-Tec P11, a Nano or my LCP...depending on what I am doing or wearing. When I am out riding my bicycle, it is much easier to take along the LCP.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Age before wisdom? If concealed, most will disappear until needed. Why not keep surprise on your side?

Pretty sure this ISN'T an OC/CC debate. :yesway:

I can't say for sure if what the OP mentions is true. I'm 22 and I OC a G17. Occasionally CC a G26, a Taurus 605, or a Taurus 738, when the situation calls for it, but I prefer to OC a larger one.

I can definitely see the upsides to the smaller ones though.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm 49 and have been carrying either a 1911 compact or a CZ compact OWB for a while. I am getting tired of running around with my shirt untucked though, and may start carrying my Ultra Carry IWB. It's funny how as you age, you tend to accept compromise in some areas that you never did before and stop compromising in other areas that you used to compromise in. I'm less willing to dress around a gun nowadays and more often than not just OC where I can.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom