• VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    :rockwoot: :D

Last year I had the opportunity to purchase a Sig Saurer P226 in .40 S&W. A police department was switching guns and several of these were being traded in towards new equipment. I made the commitment early last fall for a gun. The wait seemed to last forever but finally this beauty has made it to a new and loving home. The really neat thing is that I know the officer who carried this particular gun on duty. The officer who carried this gun is on a SWAT team and is an avid shooter himself, so this particular gun has seen some rounds. But I also know this gun was well maintained. I have not been able to take it to the range yet but I have no doubt that it will shoot well. The trigger and sights are fantastic! I now see why guys/gals go nuts for what can only be referred to as Sig goodness. I currently do not have any plans to carry this gun or press it into service for home defense, rather I am going to keep it so that new pistol shooters can try different types of handguns.

2012-01-13_18-30-41_969.jpg

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Nice looking piece, I have been eyeing a few Sigs myself to step up from my current Glock carry piece that I keep for days that I dont carry my 1911.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The bad thing is the $50 mags...but that is the only bad thing!

$50 mags stink! I have the same problem with my Walther P99 and Browning Hi Power. At least both of those have aftermarket mags available (or used SW99 mags). But I have had less then stellar results out of using anything other then new factory mags.

This gun did come with 3 mags, all of which are in good condition. That will have to be enough for now.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    The bad thing is the $50 mags...but that is the only bad thing!

Whatch talkin about Willis?!
    Mecgar makes factory mags for Sig and Beretta probably a few others also.
    Look for Mecgar model MG-SP226-17 Flush fit 226 mags that hold 17rds. I carry a factory Sig mag everyday, but my range mags are Mecgar I think I paid $10 or $15 ea at knob creek about 5 yrs ago

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    THe SA/DA system gets old. and with that high bore axis the .40 in a sig P226 is handful, 9mm or .357sig are a better choice. keep in mind Sig is selling conversion kits to take it to 9, .357 sig or.22lr

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    THe SA/DA system gets old. and with that high bore axis the .40 in a sig P226 is handful, 9mm or .357sig are a better choice. keep in mind Sig is selling conversion kits to take it to 9, .357 sig or.22lr

Now there is some constructive criticism. Yes a higher bore axis is less desirable for the. 40 cartridge. But I am anxious to see what the heavier weight does for recoil. Like I mentioned I have started accumulating a few handguns based on action so that I can let new shooters try different guns. Just so happens I have settled on .40.

Is the. 357 sig a softer shooting round? I have always been intrigued by it.

I will say the grip of this gun is a little large for me, but I actually like the trigger.

Top Bottom