• buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    ^^^this

I keep expecting to hear a cheesy plug for Pay Per View

This Sunday, the war to end all wars....and it's coming to your living room!!! Order Isreal vs Iran showdown in the sand for only $99.99 today!

rn7554

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Instead of wondering who would win this fight, maybe we need to ask the question of why the fight has to happen to begin with. And furthermore, who is provoking it. People have to start searching for the truth themselves and stop accepting everything they hear said on the news. WAKE UP PEOPLE!
    I agree with you. Also everybody is under estimating Iranian military power. If it was an easy war they would have attacked Iran by now. We taxpayer have spent billions of $ in protecting other countries and didn't get anything out of it but a bad reputation in the world.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    This ain't gonna be easy if they do it. They gotta go OVER Iraq to get there. They couldn't possibly fly around other countries to get there. That means they would be opening up a whole lot of Muslim repercussions. They have the balls, no doubt. I fully expect a first strike scenario. The question is will others retaliate immediately? Would it be a replay of all the Arabs invading again? Would anybody care besides Iran and Iraq? I think most of the Arab countires would not want to engage in conflict with Israel and the US. Besides, we are already in Afghanistan and it ain't a strech to think we wouldn't go into Iran in a hearbeat! My guess is they do it and get away with it with our blessings and we assist in another regime change ine Middle East.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    My money is on Israel

Actually the money isn't on Israel, or the US. The Intrade prediction market has four "bomb Iran" predictions to buy/sell. The bulk of those who think this will happen have purchased those contracts that say it will happen after June. The two later year contracts were showing only 33% believed Israel and/or US would bomb Iran, publicly. Since last night, the "bomb before 9/30" contract has even went down to only a 25% probability, however the price to buy has went back up to 32%. The "bomb before the end of the year" contract is running at 39% probability.

MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    After RE-reading the original post starting this thread, I see that I have neglected to answer the question of how to prepare for such an event. I would say first and foremost prepare yourself with information. This info will not come from your TV. Effort will have to be spent searching, at length, and then deciphering for yourself to find the truths.

Second, if your a prepper, you have been prepping for this and every other probable incident anyway...so this is just another obstacle your brain must tackle!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Actually the money isn't on Israel, or the US. The Intrade prediction market has four "bomb Iran" predictions to buy/sell. The bulk of those who think this will happen have purchased those contracts that say it will happen after June. The two later year contracts were showing only 33% believed Israel and/or US would bomb Iran, publicly. Since last night, the "bomb before 9/30" contract has even went down to only a 25% probability, however the price to buy has went back up to 32%. The "bomb before the end of the year" contract is running at 39% probability.

I am just a poor farm boy but after looking at the Intrade site, i gotta say I don't get it, or maybe I do. It's just a gambling service for everything except sports, right?

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I think Israel is fully capable of squashing Iran on their own should it ever escalate to that.

Israel is the giant hornets nest... if you poke it hard enough, eventually its going to erupt.

MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    Why? What has Iran done beside change from the petrodollar....

Bingo!

Its amazing to me that people know so little about the REAL current events of the world, yet probably knew every aspect surrounding the super bowl. The masses don't assess news anymore, not objectively. They consume it!

We ARE being sold another war...and we will consume that too. Don't believe me? Just ask yourselves, honestly, what freedoms you have already resigned in the name of perpetual war? You think we would fight to be more free than before. Thats what our ancestors did.

Not convinced yet...Take a look at all of the once stable middle eastern countries that the U.S. has invaded in the past year. How do they look now? The U.S. and U.N. have just about destabilized the whole middle east. Now ask yourself who is left...hmmm.

For those whom understand, I have already said too much. For those who don't, well they were lost half way through...this should tell you about where we stand as a nation.

Rant Finished!

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I am just a poor farm boy but after looking at the Intrade site, i gotta say I don't get it, or maybe I do. It's just a gambling service for everything except sports, right?

Yes, and before you sign up, it may be illegal if you are a US citizen. It is more like buying an options contract, except that instead of buying a contract for stocks, you buy it on events. I won't sign up unless the US legalizes this form of gambling/investing (for some, they are one in the same).

After RE-reading the original post starting this thread, I see that I have neglected to answer the question of how to prepare for such an event. I would say first and foremost prepare yourself with information. This info will not come from your TV. Effort will have to be spent searching, at length, and then deciphering for yourself to find the truths.

Second, if your a prepper, you have been prepping for this and every other probable incident anyway...so this is just another obstacle your brain must tackle!

The only way to really prepare for this is to stock up on food/supplies, and then save cash. I don't expect massive uprisings over a bombing of Iran on the onset. The price of oil was spike hard. China gets a lot of oil from Iran, and they will be forced to buy from sources the US and others buy from. So the main impact will likely be from increased fuel costs. You will see this:
    -For your commute to work
    -In prices at retail stores
    -Surcharges in utility bills

So the only real way to try an save money:
    -Get a gas rewards card, when you get enough points, they offer x cents off the dollar.
    -Get a gas rewards credit card, or a rewards credit card that gives you the most cash back. No limits, or very high limits, are important, because gasoline is becoming one of the larger monthly bills people pay.
    -Depending on your lifestyle, you may be able to opt for mass transit. Here in Indy, IndyGo has one hour waits (if not longer). The system isn't very robust, but if you take a book/games/whatever, you can kill some time and ride the bus. Currently, a 31-day pass is $60.00.
    -Invest in oil companies that pay dividends. I would suggest Canadian and US based oil stocks first. Oil futures are also something you could invest in. The goal would be that your stock would double or triple in price, thus covering your increase in gas cost.
    -Cut back now on disposable spending. Think about selling guns for a fair price and bank the cash.
    -If you have a truck or SUV, and rarely ever use it (ie: You don't have any boats to haul, jet skis to haul, RVs to haul, only haul a trailer every three months, etc.), think about dumping it for a more fuel efficient vehicle. Do the math. You can always rent a truck when the need arises.
    -Garbage bill: Right now I can recycle half my garbage for free. I know a place in downtown Indy that takes all plastics and it isn't too far of a drive out of my way. This limits me with food stuffs, which can be used in a compost. Most folks have transfer stations, which are garbage dump transfer stations, near their home. Most don't know that they will usually take an size garbage bag for $1 or $2. While I currently pay for garbage hauling, I'm considering going back to recycling the plastics and take my garbage to a place. I usually only have one bag a week, so I would only be spending around $7-$12/month instead of around $20/month to have someone haul it away.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Will we still be talking this up in 2013?

If an attack happens it will be between 7 and 9 PM local time.

I also think they have some insiders who will continue to mess things up if the attack never happens.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom