• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Haha well obviously! Just thought I heard or read something about dialing a * or # then two digits that would connect you directly to dispatch.

I know some states use that to contact State Police/Highway Patrol but I'm not sure if Indiana does. I have the ISP post phone # in my phone but I try not to call them too often. They don't like it when I tell them I'm an IMPD officer that passed something up just because it was on the interstate.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    This is what it looked like.

50394473_497deb8559.jpg

It does seem that the undercover tax collectors have been concentrating on the semis.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    HE WAS MOST LIKELY USING THE HOLD FEATURE ON HIS RADAR..DOESNT SEND OUT A FREQUENCY UNTIL HE PRESSES A BUTTON AND THEN HE CAN LET OFF THE BUTTON AND HAVE SPEED LOCKED...ALL FASTER THAN YOUR DETECTOR CAN PICK IT UP...TROOPERS IM MY DISTRICT DONT HAVE LASER....BUT IF IT WAS LASER MOST LIKELY YOUR DETECTOR WONT EVEN PICK IT UP...
    Before the detector can pick it up? Not physically possible. If the signal is strong enough for him to get a speed, any reasonable detector is good enough to pick it up. Maybe you meant that he has your speed before you have a chance to react? The detector will still notify you, you just won't be able to react quick enough. That's called instant-on or POP radar.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I know of at least one police department that has/had an 03-04 Cobra with some work done to it that they pull people over with...... it was taken in a drug bust. It is out near the east cost if I remember right.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Don't think I'd pull over for a yellow trans-am without calling 911 and confirming it was actually a cop.

Then I'd laugh at him... That's gotta be an uncomfortable ride in duty gear, and if the car isn't marked, they've gotta be in uniform.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I found out who was driving the Trans Am. A state trooper that lives down the street who I have been shooting with has it parked in his driveway.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It was either instant-on radar, or laser. If it's laser, your detector won't go off until it's too late, and he's got you. If it's instant-on, as long as you're not the first vehicle, you have a good chance to know it's there. For example, if there's a car a half mile ahead of you, and the cop hits it with instant-on radar, your detector SHOULD detect that radar burst. As long as it's a quality detector, of course.

g.mccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    New Whiteland
    Around Columbus/Taylorsville/Edinburgh on US31 I have been seeing a newer red Mustang and a late '90s F150 pulling people over. They are State Police. The mustang is a dark red. The F150 is a silver/gray supercab and has a bed cover on it. They seem to be pulling lots and lots of people over. In the last few weeks, I'd guess I have seen a total of 9-10 people pulled over on my way to and from work. I seem to remember there being another "undercover" vehicle used, but for the life of me I can not remember what it is. Watch you speeds in these areas.

Top Bottom