• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Aside from quoting yourself to prove your theory, you mean to tell me that someone can remotely turn on a device who's battery is drained so far that it cannot start on its own? Have you seen a tear down of a modern smart phone? There is nothing there, no capacitors or anything that can allow that.

Well some people don't pay attention in class. First, I accidentally quoted myself. I was trying to edit and add that sentence but instead i must have hit quote instead of edit. Can't erase it once it's posted so I left it.
    the capacitor theory was a just that a theory. I don't claim to be a cell phone expert. I'm not.
    why would anyone walk around with a dead battery in their phone? Obviously one would presume the battery is charged.
    it is a FACT that they can turn on your phone mic and camera at anytime they want (with power to the phone). It's not a theory, it's fact, take it to the bank, buy a lottery ticket, rent the movie, ITS REAL!! They did it for sure in the 90's and since and I'm SURE they used it against our enemies in foreign countries.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    There are only so many ways to stop this behavior:
    soap box
    ballot box
    copper box (over either your cell phone or over the cops truck full of spy equipment)
    Ballot box doesn't work so well against law enforcement tactics and toys. Seems like most agencies do whatever the hell they want or can pay for.
    As far as copper box, yeah you can isolate your device in a faraday like cage and ensure nothing is being transmitted or received. There are documented cases where certain alphabet agencies actualy used microwave ovens to spy on people. If they want you they will get you. And now we have drones flying around everywhere and they're gonna trust Police to use them now too. I can't wait for the whole corrupt system to implode and fall apart. It will.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Even modern phones have to have batteries that are technician serviceable. Just use the same tools the techs have, pop that bad boy open, and if the battery has a wired connector, it's super easy to splice a simple miniature slide switch in-line with the main power conductor. Dremel a hole in the side of the case to mount it accessible from the outside once the whole thing is reassembled, and you have a smart phone you can cripple when you're not using it.

Sorta like from Ghost in the Shell when they talked about cyborgs running in "autistic mode", meaning their RF telecoms were completely silent. They were neither transmitting, nor receiving data wirelessly.

Only, in the case of such a battery switch hack, it wouldn't be so much autistic mode as necrotic mode, since the whole phone would be dead. If I could have an android phone that I could trust to put me in total control of the cellular subsystem and the software to order that subsystem to shut itself down, a la the power conductor hack, until further notice, I'd consider it.

Oh, and the NSA can eat straight through A5/1 cell phone crypto. How the NSA pinpoints a mobile device - The Washington Post

Top Bottom