• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    When you get an Indiana Driver's License you can't smile because it screws up the facial recognition software, according to my local bmv desk jockey.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Screw it up 3 times by angling your head wrong and they have to get a supervisor to override and accept the pic. I do anything I can to peacefully protest that facial recognition bull ****.

Sounds da like the state police have forgotten who they answer to.

could even be a jammer for the governors detail. Nevermind, it says capturing device.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Had a case where 3 teenage girls and a younger male all sitting on the floor of a living room, not talking, but texting, for over a hour.

Stopped in a coffee shop and 7 college age kids were sitting around a couple tables pushed together. They ALL had phones in hand texting, surfing, doing whatever they do on them when they are not talking. They never looked at each other or said a word while I was waiting for my coffee.

I almost said something to them. I think that is sad when they are together and they don't interact with one another.

The Greatest Generation was just that. The greatest.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    ...that's an average of a text every 4 minutes around the clock. Holy crap. I've only broken 150 in a month once, and that was the month a close family member died and I was trying to coordinate family visits in terminal care and then the funeral. I've never broken 200, which is my limit, and that counts incoming and outgoing.
    I texted an average of 30 texts a month before I started dating again. It's about 500 now... :facepalm: Good thing I have unlimited texting.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Stopped in a coffee shop and 7 college age kids were sitting around a couple tables pushed together. They ALL had phones in hand texting, surfing, doing whatever they do on them when they are not talking. They never looked at each other or said a word while I was waiting for my coffee.

I almost said something to them. I think that is sad when they are together and they don't interact with one another.

The Greatest Generation was just that. The greatest.

Do you know how boring most people are? Ever tap into the typical teenagers texts? Scares you as to how stupid they are!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    We only use cells here in the woods, but I think the tappers would find what data there is boring.:)

Old_grunt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Bloomington
    Just think, now everyone is paranoid that not only is the NSA listening but so is the ISP. Maybe they will go back to carrier pigeons or such like the Taliban did.

Or people might just try being a human being and not causing problems.

Cure for a carrier pigeon..............a peregrine falcon!

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    IN State Police seems to be no better than the NSA...

State Police Acknowledge Using Device to Mass Intercept Cell Phone Signals

Apparently, they paid over $370,000 on a device that tricks devices up to a mile away to connect to it as if it were a cell tower, storing sent text messages and dialed cell phone numbers en mass. The State Police at first wouldn't even confirm they had the device, and when pressured only said that they had purchased the device, but declined to disclose how they are using the device, citing, get this - privacy concerns!

I don't have anything to hide, but I'm not sure that the State Police needs to be able to record texts or called numbers in bulk. Where did the idea of a warrant go? I thought that police were supposed to have a reason to be able to collect information on calls. They may say now that they aren't mining that data, but you have to know someone has thought about it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    :popcorn:

This one ought to bring out both the "cop haters" and the "help-help, I'm being oppressed'rs". Should see most my ignore list in this thread, how exciting!!

Top Bottom