Is WalMart hording ammo so they can control it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    That's the kind of info I was looking for.

My friend works there and this is what was witnessed.... This is first hand relay and I'm just asking for validation.

I can GUARANTEE you that no Walmart is holding ammo back. I am personal friends with almost every store manager in central indiana and many other spread throughout the state. (I work for the company in an upper management position myself) when our DCs get it (the little bit we can get) it goes directly to store and is put on shelf anywhere from an hour to 24 hours after being unloaded from truck. (Timeframe varies due to workload vs workforce and other operational factors.)

Cyclonehoytt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Nob city
    I have a buddy that works on Wm. ics team and he tells me that nothing special is done with ammo when it comes in on a truck is placed on a pallet and sent to the floor to be stock on the shelves.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    (Timeframe varies due to workload vs workforce and other operational factors.)

This seems to be the likely scenario to me. This individual doesn't normally work the department and was simply filling in. I hadn't even thought about this scenario as we were discussing it.

So, upper mgmt huh? Think you can get me the 411 on this black helicopter pilot job delivering ammo covertly? :)

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    This seems to be the likely scenario to me. This individual doesn't normally work the department and was simply filling in. I hadn't even thought about this scenario as we were discussing it.

So, upper mgmt huh? Think you can get me the 411 on this black helicopter pilot job delivering ammo covertly? :)

Haha I wish there was one. I would make sure he made an extra pass by me to expand my stockpile!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Well, the ammo comes in a black helicopter to my WalMart. I've seen it being delivered. The helo comes in low and quiet, it must have those sound suppressors on the exhaust ports and those special blades to reduce the sound. The it just hovers there as the ammo is roped down through the roof. No lights and all of the crates are painted so black they look like a hole in the fabric of space-time, you can only see them for what you can't see behind them. I tried to take a picture with both a digital camera and a Polaroid but there seems to be some sort of electronic distortion field emanating from either the store or the bird that keeps an electronic camera from working right, all my pix looked like white noise. The Polaroids came out all white, like they were over exposed, every one so they have some sort of way of keeping those from working too. When they saw me there trying to take pictures, a large group of heavily armed men in those SWAT like Ninja outfits came out of the store and tried to detain me but I managed to get away before they were able to reach me. I was able to notice though, they were all carrying Chinese made AK's and side arms. Clearly all of this is an attempt to keep us from being able to repel a Chinese invasion force by limiting the amount of ammo we have available. No doubt this is some sort of well thought out attack on both our economy and possibly, our way of life by the Chinese/WalMart Coalition. :abused:
    We have a guy on our psych ward right now that sounds a lot like this. Watcha smokin' before you start typin'?:D:laugh:

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    Talked with 2 guys that are managers at 2 different Walmarts that I know. Both say some stores are getting more ammo than others. The store has no control over the orders and the only reason that it probably had not been put out was they just had not had time. They aren't holding anything back.

Shots fired...

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    When "tax time" cometh, if anyone is hoarding inventory, it'll come out as they won't want to pay the inventory tax due on it.

My son worked at WMT for a while as a seasonal night shift shelf stocker. As he tells it, they are given areas to stock and a number of pallets to move and a certain amount of time to get the job done. They don't always get all that is requested completed due to the over-expectations of management. It's understandable that they would want to stock the larger items first and not the little boxes of ammo as it makes it look like they got more done in the eyes of those judging their performance.

I did read here under a different topic that someone went to their local WMT and checked on the ammo stock early in the evening. They had checked their local stores stock online before going. They checked the ammo shelf and didn't see what they wanted on the shelf so they walked around for a while then went back and asked the person working the counter when the stock the web site had shown would be out. That person went to the back and got it for them, therefore it pays to ask.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, I smoke tobacco, cigars mostly (Obsidian 50 ring Double Perfecto's) and a few cigarettes as well) but none of that "Special Blend" stuff. ;) I just thought the whole thread needed a post like that one so I added it. I guess as I continued to describe the "incident" I really got into it, maybe a bit more than I should have really. I have always loved the whole conspiracy mindset and the Black Helicopters are among my favorites, I always keep my eyes peeled for them but so far haven't seen one so they must also have a cloaking device. :)

ANYWAY, the idea of a WalMart hoarding Ammo to drive up the price or for any other reason is a little hard for me to believe. They make their money as someone already said by selling it as it arrives and not ordering more until it absolutely needs to be there. This allows them to have very small back rooms, relative to other retailers, so they have much more space actually selling product and making money. Had you said that your source worked at a warehouse for WalMart, it would have made it more believable since this is about the only place they could manage to hoard a lot of anything. There is my actual take on this subject. :D

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Talked with 2 guys that are managers at 2 different Walmarts that I know. Both say some stores are getting more ammo than others. The store has no control over the orders and the only reason that it probably had not been put out was they just had not had time. They aren't holding anything back.

Some store get the 420 rd or whatever it is federal cases of 5.56 but checked with Greenfield and they didn't even know what I was talking about.

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    If Wal-Mart was going to horde ammo as a corporation. They wouldn't do it at the store level. It would never be delivered to the local stores so some zit faced 18 year old stock boy could blow the whistle on it.

The whole concept is rediculous.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Well, I smoke tobacco, cigars mostly (Obsidian 50 ring Double Perfecto's) and a few cigarettes as well) but none of that "Special Blend" stuff. ;) I just thought the whole thread needed a post like that one so I added it. I guess as I continued to describe the "incident" I really got into it, maybe a bit more than I should have really. I have always loved the whole conspiracy mindset and the Black Helicopters are among my favorites, I always keep my eyes peeled for them but so far haven't seen one so they must also have a cloaking device. :)

ANYWAY, the idea of a WalMart hoarding Ammo to drive up the price or for any other reason is a little hard for me to believe. They make their money as someone already said by selling it as it arrives and not ordering more until it absolutely needs to be there. This allows them to have very small back rooms, relative to other retailers, so they have much more space actually selling product and making money. Had you said that your source worked at a warehouse for WalMart, it would have made it more believable since this is about the only place they could manage to hoard a lot of anything. There is my actual take on this subject. :D
    Makes sense, and God knows we all need a good laugh from time to time.:laugh:

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    If Wal-Mart was going to horde ammo as a corporation. They wouldn't do it at the store level. It would never be delivered to the local stores so some zit faced 18 year old stock boy could blow the whistle on it.

The whole concept is ridiculous.

This thread is ridiculous. ;)

RSW

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013

The whole concept is rediculous.

Lol, I just saw that zit faced kid. He said to try back in the morning.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    If there is any holding of ammo, it's probably the employees holding it for themselves or for some one they know. I sure that was the case Thursday night into Friday morning at Brownsburg Walmart. Found it kinda funny the 4 boxes of 9mm 100 rd boxes of Federal never made it from the truck to the shelf.

djkbmwguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Maybe the employees are eating the ammo

I just read a news story about a lady in Indiana that worked at a Wal-Mart that was helping herself to food on the shelfs. She said she has been doing it for four years. Maybe they moved her to sporting goods to cut down on the loss of oreos. Maybe she is now eatling 22LR ammo.

Top Bottom