• Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    Link: Children dead in Belgian nursery knife attack - CNN.com

Children dead in Belgian nursery knife attack

(CNN) -- Two children and one adult were killed Friday in a stabbing attack at a nursery school in Belgium, officials said.
    Ten children and two adults were being treated in the hospital after the attack, the Interior Ministry said. It was unclear whether all of them suffered stab wounds.
    The attacker entered the day care center in Dendermonde, about 16 miles northwest of Brussels, around 10 a.m. (4 a.m. ET) and began stabbing children and staff, the ministry said.
    "The guy just went crazy," local official Theo Janssens said, according to Agence France-Presse news agency.
    He was arrested an hour and a half afterwards, according to the Interior Ministry. Reports said he was trying to make his escape on a bicycle.
    Local journalist Bart Bekaert told CNN that the attacker's face was painted black and white.
    video.gif
    Hear Bekaert describe the attack »
    "Witnesses say he looked calm. There was no security and he just walked straight in," he added.
    AFP reported that the man was not known to staff at the nursery.

I get so irritated with stupid laws that keep me from protecting my family!

Buckaroo

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I agree with you about the stupid laws, but what would you have done in this situation? The daycare staff certainly aren't going to carry guns.

This kind of sounds like a gang initiation thing to me. And I just love the fact that his getaway vehicle was a BIKE! :scratch:

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    I agree with you about the stupid laws, but what would you have done in this situation?

I figure I would have used my weapon to stop the killer.... What would you have done?

The daycare staff certainly aren't going to carry guns.
    Why not? and why should I as a parent having a LTC carry into a "school" where my child is?

Buckaroo

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I figure I would have used my weapon to stop the killer.... What would you have done?

I understand your point, and I like to think I would have done the same thing. However, if you aren't there at the exact right time to pick up/drop off your child, you wouldn't have had the chance.

Daycare workers tend to be very young women/girls. I doubt seriously that most of them would have even thought about needing a LTC. Sure, you and I know situations like this can arise out of the clear blue, but very young women/girls don't usually think that way. And getting the general public to buy into daycare workers carrying guns around their children all day probably wouldn't go over very well.

OMG! I think I just admitted that I'm not young any more!!! :lmfao:

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    I understand your point, and I like to think I would have done the same thing. However, if you aren't there at the exact right time to pick up/drop off your child, you wouldn't have had the chance.

Daycare workers tend to be very young women/girls. I doubt seriously that most of them would have even thought about needing a LTC. Sure, you and I know situations like this can arise out of the clear blue, but very young women/girls don't usually think that way. And getting the general public to buy into daycare workers carrying guns around their children all day probably wouldn't go over very well.

OMG! I think I just admitted that I'm not young any more!!! :lmfao:

It is not about them wanting to but about no one being allowed to...

My kid's daycare (my house my kids) has armed staff. It seems to me that this would be a selling point rather than a concern.

My daughter will turn 18 this summer and will be getting her Lifetime LTCH as a birthday present.

Buckaroo

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I understand. And agree. Unfortunately, it is what it is.

Reps to you for supporting your daughter and teaching her to respect weapons and not fear them... I think that's great!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Surely "Knife Control" would've prevented that.

Those intent on harming people WILL find a way, no matter what tool they choose.

Max Ravenstone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Plainfield
    I carry at least one knife on me at all times. Two or more if I am leaving my house. Back in highschool, my biggest problem with it was having to disarm myself to attend. Now, I've only a few times been a victim of abuse, but I always feel better when I'm armed. You never know when you might need one, eh?

Top Bottom