• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I do not know the answers to this question but I am curious of what INGO thinks. Chris Dorner, the gun control supporting murderer and Obama fan sold his revolver to a pawn shop in Nevada. They are selling it with the proceeds to go to family members of his victims. The article I read stated that they did not want the money, (they are from California and they llok at firearms a bit differently than us "flyover" folks) so I have no idea where the rpoceeds will go now. It's an Astra revolver worth about $250 I would think but it is over $3000 now. If it's okay with the mods I am posting a link to the auction for historical purposes only....

Christopher Dorner Owned Astra 960 Revolver : Other Collectible Guns at GunBroker.com

Here is the article...

Dealer to auction gun once owned by rogue ex-LAPD cop Christopher Dorner - U.S. News

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I sure as hell wouldn't want it but some people readily collect macabre items like this. There is a huge market for Nazi items and if anything were authentically owned by Hitler it would be worth a fortune. Some people want it for historical significance and I suspect that people will want this gun for a similar reason.

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    **** on that! IF a fund has been set up!? Just some jackwagon trying to profit from the media coverage. End this episode already!

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    This is the same capitalism everyone screams in support of here. (As do I) If he can sell it, I say go for it. I wouldn't want it though.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    My only concern is that this will somehow be twisted to be used against legal gun owners. Call me paranoid if you like, but I can see several headlines in the state-run media something like "Second Amendment Supporters Scramble to Own Murder Weapon" or "Gun Worshipers Itch to Own and Use Murder Weapon" or ....

brownhornet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Mishawaka, IN
    The guy was a scumbag and a nutcase. I read a few pages of his manifesto and it was pretty apparent he was not playing with a full deck. The last thing I would want would be a gun owned by him, but that's just me.

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    My only concern is that this will somehow be twisted to be used against legal gun owners. Call me paranoid if you like, but I can see several headlines in the state-run media something like "Second Amendment Supporters Scramble to Own Murder Weapon" or "Gun Worshipers Itch to Own and Use Murder Weapon" or ....

Who said its a murder weapon? If it were a murder weapon I can assure you it would be in police custody. Maybe you meant murderers weapon?

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    The guy was a scumbag and a nutcase. I read a few pages of his manifesto and it was pretty apparent he was not playing with a full deck. The last thing I would want would be a gun owned by him, but that's just me.

Realistically, he didn't kill anyone with this gun, so what makes it different from any other used gun?

If there are funds set up and this seller truly does donate, then I say he is a good guy. If that does pan out, then I'm glad alot of people apparently want this gun.

If it were a gun I wanted and I was willing to blow way too much money on it, then I would buy it as well. It's a used gun, this one just happens to be connected to a not so good guy. It has a story and many collectors collect based on that.

mikem1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    I hope he (chris Dorner) has a good no a bad time in hell for he richley desurves. don't care what they do with his old weapon. liberalism is a mental disorder.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    When Ed Gein's house went up for sale in WI, it was burned down to prevent it from turning into a frekshow museum. When the guy who bought on of Ed's vehicles started to tour the county fairs charging admission to see the car, he was shut down. So, if the person who buys this gun wants to make money off showing it just do not go to see it. When they make a movie about this idiot, don't watch it. Ignore all stuff that makes money for these people and they will have to find something else to do. Starting a thread to complain about them just gives them more free press. Clicking on the link shows interest in what they are selling.

Note: Ed Geins was the inspiration for Norman Bates, Leatherface, and others.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Chris Dorner is well on his way to being forgotten..........

I don't want his Astra, or anything else from his scum sucking existence.

But I am pro choice. If anyone wants it, go for it. Spend your money as you wish, collect whatever you want.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I agree that if someone wants it, especially for that price, then sell it. Its just a nutjobs gun, who cares. Personally I wouldnt give them 10 bucks for it but I don't want the thing anyway. It screams bad karma.

cjeffrey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    I agree that it is odd, but its not that uncommon. Lots of people own guns that have harmed or killed people. I mean, look at all the Mosin Nagants out there.....

Top Bottom