• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Well, now hold on a minute. There are some antique collectors that would pay ridiculous prices for old pieces in VG condition. OP you're representing something in a different context than it is being presented by the seller.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    There are collectors who would pay big $$$ for that , but I'm not sure the asking price . Two or three guys run ads constantly around where I am for anything antique firearms related or anything outdoors . Fishing , hunting etc ...

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I kind of collect old ammo boxes, but usually they're just given to me. Nothing super old but I just think it's cool how boxes have evolved over the years. I've added several to this since the pic was taken, box or two of Super Vel

LostLake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    West Side
    And here I thought $40 a brick was a little salty.

I've seen bulk packs at normal prices twice in the past week. Doesn't mean it's coming back around, but there are people other than Wal-Mart selling it at MSRP or lower. (Wal-Mart was actually one of them :dunno:). Guess you just have to luck in to it because I search regularly. Some shops hide it behind the counter for folks who purchase .22's.

Hold on to hope my friends!

xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy
    I've seen bulk packs at normal prices twice in the past week. Doesn't mean it's coming back around, but there are people other than Wal-Mart selling it at MSRP or lower. (Wal-Mart was actually one of them :dunno:). Guess you just have to luck in to it because I search regularly. Some shops hide it behind the counter for folks who purchase .22's.

Hold on to hope my friends!

Maybe someday I'll find some. :)

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Maybe someday I'll find some. :)

I said that for more than 5 months and finally got annoyed. If you do a little research you will find the .22LR procurement game has changed. I have come to realize the Rimfire flippers is now a cottage industry and those guys saying "quit paying $0.15/round and the shortage will end" are right. This week, a buddy and I purchased more than 1800 rounds of CCI & Federal for $0.08/round delivered to the door.

LostLake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    West Side
    I said that for more than 5 months and finally got annoyed. If you do a little research you will find the .22LR procurement game has changed. I have come to realize the Rimfire flippers is now a cottage industry and those guys saying "quit paying $0.15/round and the shortage will end" are right. This week, a buddy and I purchased more than 1800 rounds of CCI & Federal for $0.08/round delivered to the door.

Don't pay gouged prices. I've battled the flippers for a year. I just finally got one up on them this week.

I know there are a lot of guys running low. I was one of them. Stick to your guns and leave these guys stuck with a bunch of .22LR. I'm lucky enough to work a job that allows me to check daily. I can rarely beat the flippers seemingly waiting at the door for the .22. Today was a win for the good guys!

xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy

Glad to hear you was able to get your hands on sum.

xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy
    Don't pay gouged prices. I've battled the flippers for a year. I just finally got one up on them this week.

I know there are a lot of guys running low. I was one of them. Stick to your guns and leave these guys stuck with a bunch of .22LR. I'm lucky enough to work a job that allows me to check daily. I can rarely beat the flippers seemingly waiting at the door for the .22. Today was a win for the good guys!

I refuse to pay gouger prices.

alphabrace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Every Friday morning the flippers line up at Gander Mountain and get there 10 box minimum which includes ammo boxes of 22lr. If Gander would limit 3 boxes maybe the rest of us might have a chance (I cannot take off work to wait in line outside of Gander for an hour before they open).

LostLake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    West Side
    Every Friday morning the flippers line up at Gander Mountain and get there 10 box minimum which includes ammo boxes of 22lr. If Gander would limit 3 boxes maybe the rest of us might have a chance (I cannot take off work to wait in line outside of Gander for an hour before they open).

Only way to stop it is to stop buying it. Not saying you are, but somebody is.

I'm lucky in the fact that I can stop at WM daily (while at work). I've never been to Gander Mtn for ammo. I suppose I could, but waiting in line seems lame.

Top Bottom