• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    No one tailed any one. :) And you're right, they were very pleasant people and I enjoyed the hike out with them. You win, benefit of the doubt given. No harm was intended here (you seem to be reading some.)

We need to remember that the OP was asking whether he should care about stuff like people not signing out. (at least that's how I read the op)

My answer: nope. No blood, no foul. Maybe they broke a rule, maybe they didn't. After a few more years of hunting, you will have a better sense of what's important and what's not. By that time, any time you see another hunter in the field and they're not drunk as skunks and shooting at deer out of season with an sks across a highway, you'll be thrilled at what responsible hunters they are.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    My opinion, and no offense meant toward op, people need to mind their own dang business most of time. Blatant, actual poaching? Definitely turn the losers in. Unsafe actions in the field that have the great potential to cause bodily harm? Sure, say something, make a call.... My shoes aren't tied right, I'm driving 45 in a 40, I've got two different colored socks on, leave me alone. Not dropping a card in the box after a hunt is not even close to enough reason for free citizens to be reporting each other to law enforcement. Again, I'm not trying to offend the op, he DIDN'T report anyone, just simply asked if he should, but all too many people anymore are all too ready to run tattling to "authorities" over every little thing and it makes me furious that we have been conditioned to that point that our first thought is turning each other in to the government.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    How is what they did "clearly wrong" if they turned in cards at another spot, possibly the one they signed in at ?
    We don't have enough info per the OP's observations to make any freakin claim of "clearly wrong".

It appears that their actions may be contrary to some rules, but that is not proof.

You need to know who they were, where they signed in at, the rules for the property, and to check all drop boxes for that day (and maybe the next if they forgot and came back).

The drop boxes I have seen are locked.

So you want the DNR guy to do that right then.................over 2 squirrels. That might have been fully legal of take? Or maybe taken with an honest screwup?

Geeesh.
    GEESH is right. The quote was directly from the Brookville Lake Hunting regs. OP asked a question. He doesn't need to get slammed for asking a question. You don't like the regs too bad. I didn't write them. Chill.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Double geesh.

You quote the friggin' rules and declare that they were "clearly wrong" but do not know if they turned their cards in at another box, possibly where they signed in.

Is turning the card in at another box within the rules? If they must return the card to their sign in box............where in the OP's post does he state where those in question signed in?

Proof.

It is IMHO needed before making such pointed statements of guilt.

Unless of course you use liberal burn Ferguson down type of logic.

Top Bottom