• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meldusty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    If I sell privately I will obtain all info that a FFL would including copy of pic id, ssan, and drivers license. If I am the least bit suspicious I do not do the sale. I have 29 yrs law enforcement exp and will not ruin my reputation with a gun sale. Every gun is logged in book as to purchase and sale with all corresponding information ie copies of documentation.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If I sell privately I will obtain all info that a FFL would including copy of pic id, ssan, and drivers license. If I am the least bit suspicious I do not do the sale. I have 29 yrs law enforcement exp and will not ruin my reputation with a gun sale. Every gun is logged in book as to purchase and sale with all corresponding information ie copies of documentation.

How do we know you aren't stealing people's identity with all that info? Nobody has any more reason to trust you than you do them. Only an absolute idiot would provide that information to another private party.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I would NOT do this ...
    However if I were to do it , I would do it as if I were selling to the person acctually picking up the firearm ..
    I would get all of his/her info have them sign the bill of sale ,show me DL and LTCH , write down all of the info such as DL # everything i could on MY copy of the bill of sale ...

That way if for some reason anything were to go wrong ..you sold only to this individual and what they did with the firearm is on them .

But as i said me personaly would not touch this sale with a 10 foot pole .
    even for double my asking price ..:twocents::patriot:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ...........There is no extent of checking driver's licenses, IDs, LTCH, etc that will provide any real integrity to the transfer.

Like it or not the only criteria for a private sale is to determine to the
    best of your ability that the purchaser is a resident of Indiana and
    is not someone prohibited from owning a firearm.
    FFL is not required for private party sales, you don't like it lobby to get the law changed. :twocents:

Top Bottom