• ...and so much more!
  • Squirt239

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Here's your best bet...go get your LTCH. Then you don't have to worry about what if this or what if that. Just do it. Don't try to bend the laws. I don't agree with the LTCH, but I don't want to lose my "rights" either. It's not that difficult...it's not that expensive...you'll be happy you did.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Son of a *****, theres a good reason to get a license to carry...showing off. Heres a couple other scenarios:

1)I drive to friends house to meet up with friend, put my handgun in his trunk, and we go to the range together. Is THIS allowed if i dont have a LTCH?

2)Go to my friends house, who HAS a license to carry, couldnt he just claim it was his gun if the police did happen to find out (obviously not advocating this lol)?

Seems like i should just get my LTCH ASAP before i even get a gun, sheesh.

Nevermind.

Just get your LTCH.

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Here's your best bet...go get your LTCH. Then you don't have to worry about what if this or what if that. Just do it. Don't try to bend the laws. I don't agree with the LTCH, but I don't want to lose my "rights" either. It's not that difficult...it's not that expensive...you'll be happy you did.

There is no "bet". There is no "bending laws".
    The FACTS are that an Indiana resident may transport a firearm with NO LTCH, provided the firearm is UNLOADED. CASED. And INACCESSIBLE.

An Indiana resident possessing an LTCH may transport that firearm LOADED in whatever method they choose.

Period.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Thanks JetGirl, appreciate the code citation and plain speak (reps!). Once it is in a private residence, its ok to take it out and show it around, right?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Thanks JetGirl, appreciate the code citation and plain speak (reps!). Once it is in a private residence, its ok to take it out and show it around, right?

Yep.
    Just make sure that you follow the 4 safety rules so that you dont shoot someone by accident.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Yep.
    Just make sure that you follow the 4 safety rules so that you dont shoot someone by accident.

Haha, i think ive got that down! Those are always unfortunate stories. Im gonna try to get my LTCH stuff done this week.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Once it is in a private residence, its ok to take it out and show it around, right?

Yes. Provided you have the property owner's permission, you can even carry it loaded on your person.
    Now, when you step foot off that property...UNLOAD. CASE. Place it INACCESSIBLE to travel home.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    JetGirl is completely right!

My "OPINION"= DO NOT "show off", "show your friend", DO NOT even let your " friends" know you own a gun!!! Even if it's your "bestest friend ever"! Of course there are exceptions, but for the most part, you are better off not letting ANYONE know that you own and/or carry a gun until which time they NEED to know! And hope and pray that time never comes!!!

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    My "OPINION"= DO NOT "show off", "show your friend", DO NOT even let your " friends" know you own a gun!!! Even if it's your "bestest friend ever"! Of course there are exceptions, but for the most part, you are better off not letting ANYONE know that you own and/or carry a gun until which time they NEED to know! And hope and pray that time never comes!!!

Im gonna take your advice to heart, but I just get kind of excited since its my first gun. BUT the person I was thinking about wasn't really a friend, I just used that as a placeholder for the question. I really had my brother in law in mind, the person who got me into guns. If I can't trust him I'm pretty screwed anyway lol.

I was thinking id show my cousins and stuff, but I probably won't show many of them if at all. Thanks for the advice dirtbiker, just gotta remember it!

Last edited:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Im gonna take your advice to heart, but I just get kind of excited since its my first gun. BUT the person I was thinking about wasn't really a friend, I just used that as a placeholder for the question. I really had my brother in law in mind, the person who got me into guns. If I can't trust him I'm pretty screwed anyway lol.

I was thinking id show my cousins and stuff, but I probably won't show many of them if at all. Thanks for the advice dirtbiker, just gotta remember it!

I completely understand! It is a thrill to get your first (and second, third, fourth, thirtyith....) gun!
    Yeah, the BIL that got you interested is probably o.k.! You might be surprised to find out how many "friends" rip off "FRIENDS" when they find out you have something they want!!
    Relax, enjoy the new toy. like my dad used to say..."use your head for more than a hat rack!"! Learn everything you can about your new pride and joy, strip it down, clean it, take it to the range, and shoot the hell out of it!
    And it's always a good idea to get some training! Even if it's just the basic pistol class! Be careful AND have fun!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    There is no "bet". There is no "bending laws".
    The FACTS are that an Indiana resident may transport a firearm with NO LTCH, provided the firearm is UNLOADED. CASED. And INACCESSIBLE.

An Indiana resident possessing an LTCH may transport that firearm LOADED in whatever method they choose.

Period.
    trying to rep you for the FACTS!! But I need to pass it around... going to have to owe you one now

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    JetGirl is completely right!

Don't let your friends even know you have a gun, what? How do you get more people involved in firearms if you do not make it interesting for them. I get the part about not "showing off" but to hide the fact you are a gun owner just does not make any sense to me.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...to hide the fact you are a gun owner just does not make any sense to me.

Yeah, that's a head scratcher there. :scratch:

A desire to have our friends base their opinions of gun owners on the latest criminal atrocity the media is ranting on about rather than someone they know and respect seems horribly counter-productive to me.

What is the proposed gain?

To be able to "surprise" these friends if we ever decide we to need to shoot them?

I don't get it. :dunno:

Top Bottom