• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Von Mises

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Undisclosed Location
    I wrote to comrade Lugar regarding the TSA.

His response started out with the typical, “fill-in-the-blank” blather, but the second paragraph was a bit more chilling.

“In the meantime, I have taken the liberty of forwarding a copy of your letter directly to the TSA and have requested a response.”

Was this a threat, or am I being thin skinned because I detest his worthless statist carcass?

It wouldn’t surprise me if I’m on some sort of list now.

Last edited:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'd guess it's his way of intimating that he is truly concerned about whatever you wrote and is going to put on a Superman suit and take some ACTION! Both of which are probably not true, but it looked good to his staffer that wrote the reply.

The collateral damage the TSA might inflict upon you in retaliation is, most likely, an unintended consequence of his magnanimousness (yeah, its a word :) ).

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    It's called a Congrint (Congressional Interest Inquiry). Congressmen and Senators do it all the time when they receive a question from a constituent that requires knowledge or information from a specific department or agency. There are literally thousands of these every day. Nothing to worry about.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    Don't worry, being on the "list" isn't that bad. ;)

I still get secondary screening when ever I go into Canada over something that happened 3 years ago at a border crossing.

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    Yeah, You guys are on the ball. Body scanner at end of bed, awesome! The list not being that bad, Awesome! Big words in the first reply, confusing but Awesome!

Its been a crap day for me, but for real thank you INGO!

JeremySS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I got the same reply, did not interpret it as any sort of threat towards me but as a method to show pressure on the TSA to explain themselves.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I wrote to comrade Lugar regarding the TSA.

His response started out with the typical, “fill-in-the-blank” blather, but the second paragraph was a bit more chilling.

“In the meantime, I have taken the liberty of forwarding a copy of your letter directly to the TSA and have requested a response.”

Was this a threat, or am I being thin skinned because I detest his worthless statist carcass?

It wouldn’t surprise me if I’m on some sort of list now.

You are just looking for an excuse to get all worked up in a lather and do the same for everyone else in the hopes of forming a "lynch" mob to accomplish what you could never do on your own. Lugar doesn't even remember your name by now let alone worry enough about you to make threats.

Top Bottom