• ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    No 5.56 ammo of Greek, Indian, Pakistani or Middle Eastern origin

Nothing in any caliber made by American Ammunition (A-MERC headstamp)

No "gun show reloads" (no name brand)

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    I'm not sure how they can still sell these! I've never known anyone who has had acceptable results with them (myself included).

Maybe mine are older, better manufacture or something, but Ive got about 200 left of 1000 and they all go bang, and just where I aim them in my Remington 511 Scoremaster. Maybe they just stink in semi-auto, or maybe the more recent manufacture stinks.
    You guys arent the first to complain though...so there has to be something to it.

For the rest of the thread, I dont shoot steel in my handguns, and only the poly stuff in my AR, though not if I can help it. Trouble is, brass is hard to find these days, so even reloading is tough...

Irishshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Avon
    I have not had good luck with. Tulammo dirty and lots of misfires, but I will still buy a box every now and then because you can't beat the price.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Why Greek? I can understand the remainder, but don't know much about the Greek.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I have never ran steel through my AR's, but I thought I'd try some zinc 9mm Tulammo from walmart this summer. Two of my pistols did not lock back after the last shot, and now those magazines I used no longer do with brass either, so I believe it damaged the mags. Coincidence, maybe, but none of my mags ever failed to lock back on empty before that day.

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton

Amerc is total crap, I heard stories about primer pockets not being drilled......."Now that'll jam yer action....REAL GOOD!!!" bad thing is, i already bought 250 rounds of it, 40 cal before I heard about it. Still got it laying around .40 calibur...if anybody wants it, it's yours. I hope that offer doesn't violate ingo rules for trading. If it does, i'll take it down or just nuke it.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Once fired & reloaded ammo sold in 1000 round lots by cheaper than dirt & sometimes seen at stores.
    I bought 9mm & it was the least accurate ammo I've ever shot, also had a blown case on one round & a squib that stuck in the barrel (felt it and saved the gun). Ended up destroying most of the ammo rather than risking shooting it.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis

Uhh Shooter, while your spot on about Indian and the rest....

Greek HXP ammo is top notch NATO ammo. The Civilian Marksmanship program sells 30-06 Greek HXP surplus ammo that preforms flawlessly. It's as good, if not better then Lake City.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Uhh Shooter, while your spot on about Indian and the rest....

Greek HXP ammo is top notch NATO ammo. The Civilian Marksmanship program sells 30-06 Greek HXP surplus ammo that preforms flawlessly. It's as good, if not better then Lake City.

Note that my specific reference was to 5.56. I don't know or care about the quality of Greek ammo in .30-06 or other calibers, as I don't shoot them. The "Olympic" brand Greek SS109 that was on the market a few years ago was utter garbage.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    As of yet, I've not run across anything that I REFUSE to buy.

Blazer aluminum - just had a case delivered yesterday.

Brown Bear steel - yes, please.

Precision Cartridge - I've yet to had an issue firing any. However, one machine gun I tried to use it in didn't like it. My two pistols run it just fine.

Reloads of Unknown Quality - no. But that's not a "brand" per-se.

I've even had decent luck with AmMerc .38Special. Smokey as all get out, but they all worked.

My philosophy is that ANY factory ammo CAN have issues, be they professional reloads or factory new. I've yet to have any issues with either that were the fault of the ammo itself.

-J-

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Note that my specific reference was to 5.56. I don't know or care about the quality of Greek ammo in .30-06 or other calibers, as I don't shoot them. The "Olympic" brand Greek SS109 that was on the market a few years ago was utter garbage.

That is a horse of a different color. The ammo made by the Greek owned factory for the Greek military by HXP is Nato spec, and must pass the stringent NATO tests. Your talking about ammo made by some private company in Greece that really has nothing to do with Greece except that is where the factory is.

I have seen HXP 5.56 and 7.62 nato and it's every bit as good as Lake City or any other nato made ammunition. It has to be, otherwise Greece couldn't be a NATO member. But this is only HXP stamped ammo.

When you say that Greek ammo is bad, while the CMP is selling Greek ammo as part of the US government program to distribute M1 rifles..... It's going to raise some eyebrows.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I wont use:
    +P+ ammo
    Steel cased ammo (unless for the Mosin/AK)
    Remington bulk .22LR
    Winchester bulk .22LR
    Reloads from a non-reputable source

Top Bottom