• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Only as much as We The People will stand idly by and allow him to do. When WE say "Enough is ENOUGH!" with our Actions, when we cease the murmuring and begin declaring "Enough is ENOUGH!" He and they will become powerless.

You are correct, but how many of us will really stand up when it gets down to it. I know some of co-workers that claim they will, but I think they have more of an attitude to let others do the dirty work while they sit back reap the reward.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How long does it take for the courts to stop his illegal actions though?

Someone has to be adversely affected, then they sue. If a restraining order is sought, an illega action can be set aside, pending a final decision, rather quickly (weeks) if there is no restraining order, months to years.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    This administration is the king of Friday afternoon news dumps. Wed the 23rd is the ultimate Friday afternoon news dump. It will last nearly two weeks, until the news cycle is back to normal business.
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
    While true, he's also not a one man band. He's got a lot of people behind the scenes directing traffic and he's the front man. If nothing else, it was convenient for them to leak a little bit of this into the press today to get the attention off of the Republican debate commentary.

These guys may hate the traditional conservative values that America was founded on, but they aren't fools.

Well said.
    [/FONT]

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Someone has to be adversely affected, then they sue. If a restraining order is sought, an illega action can be set aside, pending a final decision, rather quickly (weeks) if there is no restraining order, months to years.

Sounds like the whole process makes money for connected dc law firms at taxpayer expense. Why would obie do something like this?

Always follow the money.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

What's the likelihood of this coming out of those who are unhappy because they could no longer do private party transactions of firearms?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looks like something may be in the works for after the holidays. Speculation is centered around non ffl gun sales by those who claim to be "not in the business of selling firearms" or "just a hobbyist" that aren't required to have background checks. It seems to be basically the "gun show loophole" type of thing.

It looks like the administration wants to narrow down the definition of what is determined to be a threshold or limit for selling firearms without an ffl. I've not yet heard anything about an AWB EO being bantered around.

Obama Poised to Tighten Gun Laws After Holidays

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Looks like something may be in the works for after the holidays. Speculation is centered around non ffl gun sales by those who claim to be "not in the business of selling firearms" or "just a hobbyist" that aren't required to have background checks. It seems to be basically the "gun show loophole" type of thing.

It looks like the administration wants to narrow down the definition of what is determined to be a threshold or limit for selling firearms without an ffl. I've not yet heard anything about an AWB EO being bantered around.

Obama Poised to Tighten Gun Laws After Holidays

OBAMA IS AN INGO MEMBER!!! HE'S IN THE CLASSIFIEDS AND HAS SEEN JOHN224'S POSTS!!!

:runaway:

So without registration then how are they going to know how many private sales someone conducts?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

OBAMA IS AN INGO MEMBER!!! HE'S IN THE CLASSIFIEDS AND HAS SEEN JOHN224'S POSTS!!!

:runaway:

So without registration then how are they going to know how many private sales someone conducts?
    IDK but it's gonna be interesting to see how they wanna try and define things and how far they wanna push the private sale issue. Could be they just wanna ban private sales at gun shows. Who knows at this point or how they can even pull something like that off. They're working on it though.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    Does anyone anticipate this push to drive up prices? I would assume that it will scare a lot of people into making purchases. Heck, it is me. I am purchasing a new upper in the coming days and just got some new mags.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Does anyone anticipate this push to drive up prices? I would assume that it will scare a lot of people into making purchases. Heck, it is me. I am purchasing a new upper in the coming days and just got some new mags.

It absolutely will create a short term spike in demand, although it seems that the last few "scares" haven't driven parts prices up nearly as high as they were in the 2008 and 2012 timelines after the presidential election. Part of this is because supply capacity is way up to meet the increased demand.

I look for there to be a general "buy now" mode for many gun owners heading into the elections in November, so that might drive prices up a bit.

Here is what I'm predicting for the potential Exec orders, although I don't think any of them are within the Executive Branches direct power, so congress could challenge them if they had the guts to do so.

- Language around the types of transactions that require an FFL (closing the gun show loophole so to speak). Probably makes it all but impossible to do a face to face transaction without and FFL. Not sure how that will be enforced other then they will probably do some under cover "stings," perhaps even frequenting places like INGO and other forums with classified sections and trying to arrange face to face transactions. Much like an undercover drug deal.

- Proposals that would limit the ability to purchase firearms, parts, and ammunition from on-line retailers. Again, not sure how they can actually enforce this, but might use the interstate commerce angle and perhaps prohibit shipment of those items across state lines. They may even try to get in cahoots with major shipping companies to help enforce this.

- I fully expect there to be some increase in taxes for ammunition and reloading supplies. I've long held that an all out gun ban would be very unlikely to happen, but they could start increasing the prices of ammunition by taxing the heck out of it.

- Establishing possession limits for ammunition and reloading supplies. Probably something that will be done as a part of homeland security in the name of stricter fire codes, or maybe even through the EPA (possession of toxic materials). Many states already have regulations, so this could be an extension of those. Hard to enforce, but could be done in a couple ways. Most likely would be like possession limits on other controlled substances. It isn't probable cause for a traffic stop for instance, but if you were stopped and found to have more ammunition than allowed, then you'd be charged. Likewise if the police had a warrant to search your house for some other reason, and found excessive amounts of ammunition or reloading supplies, they'd tack that onto the charges.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I suspect he'll issue a directive to the ATF to deny or delay approval for anyone on the "no fly" list.

After all... That's reasonable.
    We don't want terrorists to buy guns without at least some extra scrutiny.
    Surely we all agree on that point.

The police can't be everywhere. We have to at least keep foreign terrorists unarmed while they're on our shores. Right?

And any citizen that might be sympathetic to them. They shouldn't have easy access, right?

The camel's nose.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I suspect he'll issue a directive to the ATF to deny or delay approval for anyone on the "no fly" list.

The police can't be everywhere. We have to at least keep foreign terrorists unarmed while they're on our shores. Right?

And any citizen that might be sympathetic to them. They shouldn't have easy access, right?

The camel's nose.

Did you for get the purple?...

The problem with that is there are lots of people on the list by mistake, no one really knows what gets you on the list besides the people who make the list, and there really is no way off the list once you're on it even if by mistake.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    It absolutely will create a short term spike in demand, although it seems that the last few "scares" haven't driven parts prices up nearly as high as they were in the 2008 and 2012 timelines after the presidential election. Part of this is because supply capacity is way up to meet the increased demand.

I look for there to be a general "buy now" mode for many gun owners heading into the elections in November, so that might drive prices up a bit.

Here is what I'm predicting for the potential Exec orders, although I don't think any of them are within the Executive Branches direct power, so congress could challenge them if they had the guts to do so.

- Language around the types of transactions that require an FFL (closing the gun show loophole so to speak). Probably makes it all but impossible to do a face to face transaction without and FFL. Not sure how that will be enforced other then they will probably do some under cover "stings," perhaps even frequenting places like INGO and other forums with classified sections and trying to arrange face to face transactions. Much like an undercover drug deal.

- Proposals that would limit the ability to purchase firearms, parts, and ammunition from on-line retailers. Again, not sure how they can actually enforce this, but might use the interstate commerce angle and perhaps prohibit shipment of those items across state lines. They may even try to get in cahoots with major shipping companies to help enforce this.

- I fully expect there to be some increase in taxes for ammunition and reloading supplies. I've long held that an all out gun ban would be very unlikely to happen, but they could start increasing the prices of ammunition by taxing the heck out of it.

- Establishing possession limits for ammunition and reloading supplies. Probably something that will be done as a part of homeland security in the name of stricter fire codes, or maybe even through the EPA (possession of toxic materials). Many states already have regulations, so this could be an extension of those. Hard to enforce, but could be done in a couple ways. Most likely would be like possession limits on other controlled substances. It isn't probable cause for a traffic stop for instance, but if you were stopped and found to have more ammunition than allowed, then you'd be charged. Likewise if the police had a warrant to search your house for some other reason, and found excessive amounts of ammunition or reloading supplies, they'd tack that onto the charges.
    Yeah I totally have the "buy now" mentality. It makes sense to me. After I bought my first rifle, of course, I fell in love with the sport. I felt the desire to purchase another one really quickly (sorta like tattoos). So, why not buy a handful of lowers now as a "just-in-case" for the future. Hell I've seen them as low as 39.99 for an Anderson.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here

The camel's nose.

I hope that this was meant as sarcasm. To deny anyone their rights without due process is Unconstitutional. Anyone could be placed on the no fly list without due process and without a means of contesting being placed on the list. If this type of infringement were allowed to happen, our situation would deteriorate rather quickly and we would end up having to prove to our government that we have a legitimate reason to own a firearm. Of course, we would only have to do that for a short while, until they removed all of our rights to own firearms.

Top Bottom