Is there a long yardage range open to the public in Central IN?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    I'm interested in the 300 yard shooting rage where is that located at.. I have a couple of rifles I would like to sight in my eotech's

emodude, you are probably closer to atterbury, i think there may be directions back on page one. otherwise i'm sure someone on here can point you in the right direction. if that is too far, pm me and i can get you directions to pro teq

firejeeper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    That's range 42 on the military side. I don't know if it would be possible for non LE or non Mil to gain access to it.

not possible. The only ranges available to the public are 25, 50, 100, and then shotgun trap ranges. they changed it all when the redid the place. IT IS NICE NOW!!!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    after deer season i have a 300 yd range from my front porch to the north side of the bean field (was beans) and if you go to the fence and shoot north west its about 500 i can probably find a spot on the farm to shoot further if need be just never looked im in union county (ohio state line) and if someone wants to shoot your welcome to come here but it has to happen between the end of deer season and planting or next octoberish

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The bridge

If you go to Crossley drive a short (wheelbase) light vehicle as the bridge is emotionless when you turn the wheel to early. Ask me how I know.
    Where is this 300yd range near Brazil? $20 seems real reasonable if you are only there to stretch the rifles.

The Muscatatuck River bridge at Crosley F&W is tight. My crew cab Tundra has issues with the turn at the south end of the bridge. However, if you come in from the north, you don't have to cross it.

DRob

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    You that are within driving distance to Richmond should join the Old Trails Rifle and Pistol Club. They have an indoor range plus an outdoor range with a 300 yard rifle range. Web site is New Page 1. Board meeting is coming up soon for anyone new wanting to become a member.

jwhill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    For those of you interested in long range shooting, we shoot black powder only at friendship at the muzzle loaders, 500 yrd covered line with restrooms for $35 per year, contact Central Indiana High Power shooters for camp Atterberry. By the way we shoot at Camp Atterberry 2x's per year @ 800, 900, and 1000 yrds with our muzzle loaders, 93 4x @ 900 last September by one of the guys.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom