Is there a long yardage range open to the public in Central IN?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I have a 30-06 I would like to sight in and wonder if there is a range open to the public in the Central IN area? I would like more than 100 yards if possible, probably 300 yards would be ideal. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Riley Consevation Club

We have 240 yard range. $70 per year membership. We'd love to have you. Send me a message and I can get you signed up.

Last edited:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Sounds like a good deal but I only need to use a range one time to sight this rifle in and I probably won't shoot it again for another 10 years. I enjoy shooting handguns and only have a couple rifles. Does your range offer rental by the hour too?

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I appreciate the info on Riley and I am sure it is a great gun club but I only need a hour for sighting in. Not life threatening if it doesn't get done this year.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am a member at riley. They do allow guests.
    Just let me know if you want to come as a guest.
    It's not really central Indiana though.
    I am also a member at a range that has 300 yd but no guests.
    Only $20.00 membership fee

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I am a member at riley. They do allow guests.
    Just let me know if you want to come as a guest.
    It's not really central Indiana though.
    I am also a member at a range that has 300 yd but no guests.
    Only $20.00 membership fee

Thanks for the information and the kind invitation; perhaps we can connect some time this year. Where it the range with the $20.00 membership located? That sounds like a great deal. I have only one rifle for distance, the rest are 22's. Picture of my 30-06 attached. I have not sighted in the Springfield in ten years so it is past due.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Thanks for the information and the kind invitation; perhaps we can connect some time this year. Where it the range with the $20.00 membership located? That sounds like a great deal. I have only one rifle for distance, the rest are 22's. Picture of my 30-06 attached. I have not sighted in the Springfield in ten years so it is past due.

Spiffy looking 06.
    The 300 yrd range is just outside Brazil. not much closer than riley but a little

txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    If you go to Crossley drive a short (wheelbase) light vehicle as the bridge is emotionless when you turn the wheel to early. Ask me how I know.
    Where is this 300yd range near Brazil? $20 seems real reasonable if you are only there to stretch the rifles.

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    I know this is a little late, but I believe they were referring to the Pro-TEQ range just north of Brazil, IN. There's a map to the place if you click the Rose-Hulman Gun Club link in my signature. There's also a link to email the range owner (great guy who's done a lot for me).

He has a 25, 50, 100, 200, and 300 yard range set up as well as stations for shooting sporting clays.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    range422lc2.jpg

found this on another post...its one of the ranges at atteburry....i dont know if its open to public...nice real long range at least 800 and probably 1000....I sure would like to try it out at least make it my wallpaper for awhile.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    I know this is a little late, but I believe they were referring to the Pro-TEQ range just north of Brazil, IN. There's a map to the place if you click the Rose-Hulman Gun Club link in my signature. There's also a link to email the range owner (great guy who's done a lot for me).

He has a 25, 50, 100, 200, and 300 yard range set up as well as stations for shooting sporting clays.

if you need different directions to that range(pro-teq), pm me. if you are coming from anywhere east of that map. i live really close and know most of the back and side roads:yesway:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    There's also a CHEAP range out near Waveland, IN...practically adjacent to Shades State Park.

Non members can shoot for $3.00 all day, I believe. It's VERY very very very easy to get to, too.

Pistol range, and anything up to 300 yards for longarms.

-J-

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South

Is that what Don's range is called now?

Top Bottom