• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I'm not asking for concessions of land - I'm asking that if someone wants my help, they need to at least pretend that they give two damns about negotiations for appearances. Let's sit down at the table and you can quietly build however many settlements you want - but what you don't do is undercut the presence of someone sent in to try to help you. Hell, burn down what's left of Palestine, fine - but don't do it in a way that makes me or my country look stupid for trying to help. That's what you don't do... a minimum standard which apparently Israel doesn't understand or abide.

We tell our Citizens to beware when someone says, "We are from the Government and we are here to help". Yet you want Israel to act like they should be excited about our brand of "Help".

Peace will not come from empty talk and promises. Peace will come when Israel finally has a decisive military campaign and the Palestinians plead for peace. The Palestinians are not wanting peace at this time, so any talks of that sort are futile.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    We tell our Citizens to beware when someone says, "We are from the Government and we are here to help". Yet you want Israel to act like they should be excited about our brand of "Help".

Peace will not come from empty talk and promises. Peace will come when Israel finally has a decisive military campaign and the Palestinians plead for peace. The Palestinians are not wanting peace at this time, so any talks of that sort are futile.

A few years back, the Isrealis basically gave the Paletinians, everything they said they wanted. Autonomy, "land for peace," reckon it wasn't enough. Palestinians kept killing anyway, not only Isrealis but the leaders of their own factions that wanted peace. What the Palestinians really want is to finish the "final solution," and won't settle for less.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    People want to knock the Israelis for taking over the settlements and expanding territory but many of us fail to think what we would want done if Mexico was bombing our restaurants and schools? Heck we invaded TWO countries thousands of miles away for killing a few thousand Americans let alone blowing up schools and churches.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Who the aggressor is over there is obvious. If the Arab/Palestinian countries all said they were unilaterally disarming and going to live in peace, what would the Israelis do? But if the Israelis unilaterally disarmed, how would those Arab/Palestinian countries respond? I think we all know there would be a huge difference in reaction.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Even the simplest and most cursory review of the facts requires a reasonable person to take Israel's side. When a country or person does not, I assume ignorance or a sub-agenda. In the Obama administration, I believe it's a sub-agenda. I think the main philosophical driver for Obama is that he loathes everything the USA has been. I think he loves his vision of what America could be. Obama is anti-Israel for the same reason most of the world is anti-Israel - they're tainted by their association with us.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    maybe people who are jewish care more, but realy what does our alliance with israel realy come down to? OIL. thats it. if we get rid of our oil usage from the middle east then the U.S. will eventually abandon israel.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    maybe people who are jewish care more, but realy what does our alliance with israel realy come down to? OIL. thats it. if we get rid of our oil usage from the middle east then the U.S. will eventually abandon israel.

How does Israel have anything to do with our oil?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

I dont agree with you at all about the Jewish people care more or that we support Israel so people can go see where Jesus is from. That is your opinion and we all have them...I will say that you totally lost me on how we need Israel for oil.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If we got rid of our need for oil, the one good thing that would happen. The Arab countries could go back to camel racing in the desert and we could go back to ignoring them. They would have absolutely no importance to our lives.

ES, most evangelical Christians feel they are bound by the Bible to support Israel. They feel that is part of the reason this country has been blessed because we have for the most part, supported God's chosen people.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Cede Israel to the sand fleas and we lose our only entry into the mideast or North Africa on the entire east and southern side of the Med. I, for one, would rather land on a friendly piece of ground and start my battle from there than to force entry on unfriendly soil.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    How does Israel have anything to do with our oil?

simple. The U.S. uses israel to stabilize the middle east with the presence of an ally with nuclear weapons and strong military force (the reason almost all their weapons are from us). If Israel was gone the middle east would BLOW up with war and maybe even a nuclear war. in that case you see if we would be getting much oil out of there. watch the price of oil each time a car bomb is even detonated in the middle east and tell me what im saying isnt true? you might not agree or like it, but this statement is FACT and can be easily proven

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    If we got rid of our need for oil, the one good thing that would happen. The Arab countries could go back to camel racing in the desert and we could go back to ignoring them. They would have absolutely no importance to our lives.

ES, most evangelical Christians feel they are bound by the Bible to support Israel. They feel that is part of the reason this country has been blessed because we have for the most part, supported God's chosen people.

Do you know of any links to show the percentage of Christians who support us giving untold amounts of money to Israel? I am interested in seeing those figures.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

^^^ exactly. you are very right. i didnt wanna get into the whole religious debate so i didnt say that before, i only hinted at it, but your exactly right. religion sadly still rules the world.

SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE!!! <<< if we truely followed those words in this country we would be much better off.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    simple. The U.S. uses israel to stabilize the middle east with the presence of an ally with nuclear weapons and strong military force (the reason almost all their weapons are from us). If Israel was gone the middle east would BLOW up with war and maybe even a nuclear war. in that case you see if we would be getting much oil out of there. watch the price of oil each time a car bomb is even detonated in the middle east and tell me what im saying isnt true? you might not agree or like it, but this statement is FACT and can be easily proven

1. Israel destablizes the middle east.
    2. Most of the wars in the second half of this century have involved Israel. How are they keeping the other middle eastern countries from attacking each other.
    3. Oil goes up with middle eastern incidents because any conflict could potentially disrupt the oil flow.
    4. You apparently don't know what the word "fact" means.
    5. If it's so easily provable, prove it. (Hint: an unsupported assertion doesnt' count as proof.)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    ^^^ exactly. you are very right. i didnt wanna get into the whole religious debate so i didnt say that before, i only hinted at it, but your exactly right. religion sadly still rules the world.

SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE!!! <<< if we truely followed those words in this country we would be much better off.

Stop being so PC dude, say what you mean :laugh:

WeAreNotAlone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Who the aggressor is over there is obvious. If the Arab/Palestinian countries all said they were unilaterally disarming and going to live in peace, what would the Israelis do? But if the Israelis unilaterally disarmed, how would those Arab/Palestinian countries respond? I think we all know there would be a huge difference in reaction.

Well said, Several years ago I remember Israel giving up land that they were wanting to retain as it was a buffer zone between them and those (cough, cough) "peace loving" Palestinians.

Israel gave up the land- What did it get them? Nothing but grief.

langb29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Indy Westside
    Q: If Israel didn't exist, what other nations in the area could we trust /take the place of Israel?

If Israel didn't exist, who would really care? They are only our allies because we've been giving them more money than any other country for the last 30 years!! Except a handful of Israeli-Americans in positions of power who manipulate politicians in their favor, nobody else seems to care about Israel. Maybe the administration is finally asking, where is all our money going?
    What valuable role are they playing for America? Or, what role are they playing that's worth what we've been giving them?

Top Bottom