• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Europe, particularly Greece, should be viewed as a “trial run” for what will eventually be hitting the US. The key items to note in Greece are:

1. Obvious issues taking time to hit the market/ people
    2. “Extend and pretend” without doing anything/ affecting any change
    3. Civil unrest, political failure, the “blame game”
    4. Debt default/ currency devaluation
    We are doing exactly this same thing right now, but on such a much larger scale.

Also, right now there are other things "bad" happening in our country. First there is the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, which is going to be such a huge, huge disaster for us. Secondly, this is the fourth year in a row now that more than a third of all honeybee colonies have failed to survive the winter...which will be to agriculture's detriment. Thirdly, we just saw an unprecedented number of 61 killer tornadoes rip through the south. Lastly, and this is never mentioned in the lamestream media, about the drying up of the Ogalalla Aquifer, at a rate of 800 gallons per minute. This massive underground lake in the Great Plains would halt "pivot irrigation" there and could move us into the Dust Bowl days of the 1930's.

The SHTF scenario has already begun....now how long are we going to watch until it picks up steam and everyone is aware?

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Europe, particularly Greece, should be viewed as a “trial run” for what will eventually be hitting the US. The key items to note in Greece are:

1. Obvious issues taking time to hit the market/ people
    2. “Extend and pretend” without doing anything/ affecting any change
    3. Civil unrest, political failure, the “blame game”
    4. Debt default/ currency devaluation
    We are doing exactly this same thing right now, but on such a much larger scale.

Also, right now there are other things "bad" happening in our country. First there is the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, which is going to be such a huge, huge disaster for us. Secondly, this is the fourth year in a row now that more than a third of all honeybee colonies have failed to survive the winter...which will be to agriculture's detriment. Thirdly, we just saw an unprecedented number of 61 killer tornadoes rip through the south. Lastly, and this is never mentioned in the lamestream media, about the drying up of the Ogalalla Aquifer, at a rate of 800 gallons per minute. This massive underground lake in the Great Plains would halt "pivot irrigation" there and could move us into the Dust Bowl days of the 1930's.

The SHTF scenario has already begun....now how long are we going to watch until it picks up steam and everyone is aware?

I remember reading about this before somewhere.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Past month or so I turn on the news and something is on fire, shaking, some one has been murdered, robbed, shots fired, Volcano's are asploding, tornado, you name it.
    It's to the point that I'm prepping any little way that I can and I'm totally the grasshopper, not the ant these days. I'm even going so far as to buy some cheap rifles/ammo and hiding them places, JUST in case. My wife even wants to stock up on food stuffs and candles. We bought bikes for the whole family JUST in case. Am I paranoid or is the S hitting the fan?

Sounds like any everyday occurrence account from California... :):

Seriously though. I'm pretty worried myself. Just can't be prepared for everything.

Count Blackula

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    South Bend
    Considering how much debt we are in, and how it is ever-increasing, I truly think the federal government will collapse. How soon, I don't know, but for sure in my lifetime (I'm 20). I think it's more likely than a violent revolution occurring, though that is possible too. Just look at all the hateful language the Democrats and Republicans throw at each other. I see it all the time on mainstream Facebook groups and pages.

Top Bottom