• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    Past month or so I turn on the news and something is on fire, shaking, some one has been murdered, robbed, shots fired, Volcano's are asploding, tornado, you name it.
    It's to the point that I'm prepping any little way that I can and I'm totally the grasshopper, not the ant these days. I'm even going so far as to buy some cheap rifles/ammo and hiding them places, JUST in case. My wife even wants to stock up on food stuffs and candles. We bought bikes for the whole family JUST in case. Am I paranoid or is the S hitting the fan?

duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    tin-foil-hat.jpg

Bull13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hamilton Cty
    It's difficult not to believe it's not hitting the fan. I have been seeing it hit the fan for a while. It's like a slow burn. Frog in the cool water scenario.

I think most people believe the event must be local, affecting them personally. Then the proverbial poop is in their world, and then it is different. We are quite sheltered here in this great experiment. Though I still have that knot in my stomach.:dunno:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    <looks around>

Nope, SSDD.

You'll know it when SHTF. Google "Argentina" and "Ferfal" if you want an idea what it may be like when it happens here. Or "Rwanda" if you want an idea of what may happen when one subset of neighbors is whipped into a frenzy by a demagogue into mass murdering another subset of neighbors because of an artificially created difference.

I look around, I see a few more people out of work than a few years ago, but for the most part most people have food. Natural disasters have happened regularly all throughout human history, no new news there.

Just remember, fear is the ENEMY. Keeping a positive outlook and a can-do attitude is the basis for survival. Fear-mongering is counter-survival and those who perpetrate it are subversives.

Last edited:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I think it is, why else would I be sitting at home on a Thursday night eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that I had to make.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    <looks around>

Just remember, fear is the ENEMY. Keeping a positive outlook and a can-do attitude is the basis for survival. Fear-mongering is counter-survival and those who perpetrate it are subversives.

truth telling and being aware is not always fear mongering, nor is instilling fear or awareness always bad. remember our founders were called subversives. just a thought

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I think to some degree it is , depending on where you live .

World governments and economies intertwined , the earth shaking and erupting , corrupt politicians and MSM lying or just not telling us all the facts .

And , how many more of these oil spill disasters putting thousands more out of work , can we (America) handle this year ?

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    A prudent [man] foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished. Proverbs 22:3

Words to live by.....

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Some of the things happening like natural disasters are gonna happen no matter what. If the Earth "asplodes :rofl:" We can't do a damn thing. As for the other stuff......... yeah that happens everyday. Hopefully more people will start coming together and trying to fix that but we all know how the mass of "sheeple" are.

Andyland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    I read a Michelle Malkin blog yesterday that told about the riots in San diego? that no one wanted to talk about on the news. Any time there is serious SHTF video, and no one in the news wants to mention it, I pucker a little.

That being said I know far more locals lately, and we all seem to be on the same page.
    Looting and rioting will meet the "Redneck".
    The thought makes me giggle.
    No one has ever made a zombie/redneck movie.
    It would be a whole different genre.
    :laugh:

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    I read the Death Valley Magazine site when I need a little perspective. Start with "Stop Preparing for the Apolcolypse and Start Preparing for Next Thursday." then go on to the "Urban E&E Bag Concept is Silly". These are operators with some horse sense. WARNING: they do use some salty language sometimes.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    The S has hit the W. F'd down the D just fine. No floaties or anything.

But we are probably 20 years away from some real SHTF.

Top Bottom