Is the Rock Chucker Supreme as good as the old ones?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    I'm looking for another single stage press. I've got an old rock chucker and ideally, would just like another one of those. I've been watching Ebay, and they all bring $80-$90 +shipping so I really hate to spend that when I could just buy a new one for a little more. I've heard some comments that the supreme isn't as good as the old presses. Is this the reason the old ones bring good money? I'd really only like comments from people who've used both the old and new.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I learned to reload on a neighbors old Rock Chucker and then bought my own new one. In my opinion the new Rock Chucker is just as good, if not better than the old one. There are also a few accessories that will fit it.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    My rock Chucker has never let me down in the 2 years that I've had it.
    This^^^
    My RC Supreme has never let me down, although it does seem that my Old-school Rock Chucker is a bit smoother. My RC supreme seems to want to "bind" if you put the slightest sideways pressure on the handle. The old Rock Chucker doesn't.

:twocents:

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have been using the same Rockchucker for over 45 years. It has reloaded thousands and thousands of rounds. It still works good as new. There is not a bit of play or sloppyness in it.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    What web 50 said , the co ax press need only one shell holder, it has large and small built in .

I'm sure those are nice, but for what those sell for, I can buy two Rock Chuckers and two shell holders. I'm looking for good quality and reducing my setups, not world class precision.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    As I mentioned in my PM, Rockchuckers haven't changed much in 20 years. But when you buy a used one, you never know what kind of use it has had. You could prop up a car with one of these things. Having said that, personally, I'll spend the extra $30 and get a new one over a bargain on Gunbroker.

Top Bottom