Is the panic coming to an end? at least locally?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Over the past week or so i've been noticing prices of .223/556 ammo and pmags coming down on INGO, and seeing the people who post pmags for $40 or higher getting zero responses and ones that are selling for 25 are still going quick. Hopefully things are settling down a bit, online store prices dont seem to be moving much though, and gunbroker is ridiculous! I'm wondering if most people got there 1000 rounds they need on INGO. i still havent, just waiting till the prices come down, or if i can find a box here and there for a good price i pick it up. Maybe there is just nothing left to sell who knows! what a crazy time we are in though.

arsenal69

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    I hope the prices on everything come down.... Ammo is out of hand right now. I bought an AR with all magpul accessories at Bradis over the summer got it on sale for $950 which I thought was pretty good. I saw the same gun on gunbroker actually sell for $2,700. Now that's just insane.....

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Cabela's put out 100 30 round AR mags (off brand, but it's a start) as well as a bunch of ammo, including some 22LR. They finally got some pistols back on the shelves too.

buckhunter21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Southeast Indiana
    I really hope so. I made the decision not to buy during the panic. I knew it could have blown up in my face if those prices became the norm, so I hope people are settling down a bit.

cobraguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    i hope so i was just at dunhams the other day and they had a sign up that said they were outa stock of 223,5.56,7.62and a few others and had no idea when they were going to be able to fill the backorder

quake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Hang-tight guys and be patient. Things will return to semi-normal at some point. Hopefully sooner than later.

I have a few things I would like to buy right now that have been affected by the "madness" and stupid prices. I'm taking the bet that if I wait for a bit, things will settle down with the prices and I'll be thanking myself later on...... :cool:

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    People are still selling high here and people are paying it. Just when it seems to be slowing down I see someone on here sale .223 ammo for almost twice what I'm pretty sure they payed for it yesterday at Walmart. Just saying

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    All "panic" situations come to an end, one way or another. Just don't be a sucker while it's happening. It's not like you HAVE TO get some of this stuff, right now. Only fools rush in...

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    All "panic" situations come to an end, one way or another. Just don't be a sucker while it's happening. It's not like you HAVE TO get some of this stuff, right now. Only fools rush in...

This^^ notice there are lots of stuff stupid priced that is not selling. Look on gunbroker. These stupid prices will end once this lib hyped handwringing ends and no ban gets passed.

I hope ever one joins me in my promise that I will never have any dealings what so ever with guys that have engaged in this stupidity. Before you make a deal search their history.:yesway: I cannot stand people that take advantage of other people especially over a buck or two. That sucks bigtime.

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    It's kinda like the folks who run out and buy a $2,000 generator when their power drops for more than an hour, then sells it for $200 after they get tired of looking at it in the garage after a few months.

With any luck, we can ride this one out and maybe things can get back to somewhat like normal by springtime...

Kakahn02

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Jay County
    I agree with nascarfantoo that people will be selling stuff to pay taxes and also when credit card bills start rolling in from there overpriced "must have" items.

Top Bottom