• ...and so much more!
  • Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I don't like pennies.
    I drive alot for my job. I keep spare change in my car and when the pennies build up too much, I pick them all out and do one of the following:
    1) If in a neighborhood, I'll put them in a pile on the road. Thinking some kid will be like "Treasure".
    2) I'll thow them out the window because I like the sound them make at 60 mph
    or my favorite...
    3) I'll put them in the change dispenser of a coke machine. It just cracks me up think about the next goof, hearing that ching sound when the change drops and then fishing out all those pennies with that "what the ell" look on his face.

- Please don't bother stating the obvious (I know I'm strange)

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Oh and by the way, a few years ago, congress made it illegal to melt copper cents and nickels.

thats because it costs more to make a penny and a nickel than they're worth.
    newer pennies from the 80s or so up contain a zinc core, rather than all copper, so in reality the OLDER ones are worth more as scrap than as currency.

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    Death to PenniesThis guy pretty effectively explains why the penny should be done away with. While I don't agree with him calling GB "a more civilized country," he does bring up the very valid idea of labeling items in stores with their price INCLUDING sales tax.

I wish he had a video explaining that nickels are not only worthless but, like pennies, actually cost Americans money every year. We need three coins: dime, 50 cent piece, dollar. (No this is not an ideal I came up with. I just think it makes sense.)

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    Hmmm I have 2 50cal ammo cans filled with nickels not sure how many 30 cal cans filled with pre 1982 pennies I quess we will find out what I have when I die

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom