Is the next round of panic buying right around the corner?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    I say buy as much as you can afford as soon as possible. The reason I think that is I believe that the current administration will do whatever it takes to get re-elected and here's the main reason why: control of The Supreme Court of the United States. Just look at the ages of the Justices listed;

103 Antonin Scalia NY DOB 1936– 1986–present — — Reagan Currently serving
    104 Anthony Kennedy CA DOB 1936– 1988–present — — Reagan Currently serving
    106 Clarence Thomas GA DOB1948– 1991–present — — Bush, G. H. W. Currently serving
    107 Ruth Bader Ginsburg NY DOB 1933– 1993–present — — Clinton Currently serving
    108 Stephen Breyer MA DOB 1938– 1994–present — — Clinton Currently serving
    109 John G. RobertsMD DOB 1955– 2005–present 2005–present — Bush, G. W. Currently serving
    110 Samuel Alito NJ DOB 1950– 2006–present — — Bush, G. W. Currently serving
    111 Sonia Sotomayor NY DOB 1954– 2009–present — — Obama Currently serving
    112 Elena Kagan NY DOB 1960– 2010–present — — Obama Currently serving

If any of the conservative Justices are replaced the Constitution as we know it will be history. Obama said it was a flawed document and with one more liberal justice he will have his chance to "fix" it.

:twocents:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Anyone else concerned about this?
    No, like usual I will exploit it like I have since the AWB went in to place. I will sell the last of my preban Colt 20 rd AR mags and Glock mags in New York. The first time a poll this Fall shows Obama can beat Republican Candidate X (TBA).................I will see that as a sell sign. I spent the last 4 years buying low. I never buy high, I never panic buy.

The only gun I may add this year is having a friend build me a .308 or .300 Balckout SBR with a can but frankly hi cap mags, Glocks, cans are not going away overnight. Congress knows they have to get relected every two years. Taxes, finances, property ownership may be the real targets of 2012-2016.

If I could not buy anything today going forward, me, my kids and future grandkids will be fine.

Last edited:

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    I think this has become more of peoples opinons on politics rather than Is the next round of panic buying right around the corner? Scare tactics are a sure fire way to turn people into sheep, Bush used them for years. But to answer the question, it is just around the corner. People will rush out to buy whatever just because their hunting buddy says our president's gonna do this or that based soley on propaganda and disinformation. This will be the cause of the next round of panic buying, and companies will take advantage of this by price gouging. Everyone needs to take a step back and take the heresay with a grain of salt. I will continue to stock food, ammo, and supplies not based on political rhetoric or political propaganda, and misinformation, but on the fact that when SHTF, my family and I have a shot at not just surviving, but living.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not saying you are wrong or thread grabbing but this kid (President) does not like us and that is not rhetoric, propaganda or hearsay. He does not like us. You are right, wrong thread for this discussion but wanted my 2 penny's in the pot before all the cards are shown. Love to discuss that with you anytime. Frankly, they all suck.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    What do you mean NEXT round of panic buying? It started when it was announced that Obama would run for president last time and it never stopped. Now if you are asking when will the next shortage happen that will drive prices up and even double prices like it did ammo, well then that will be Dec 2012. Right after the chosen one (he who is chosen by the commercial media) is reelected.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What do you mean NEXT round of panic buying? It started when it was announced that Obama would run for president last time and it never stopped. Now if you are asking when will the next shortage happen that will drive prices up and even double prices like it did ammo, well then that will be Dec 2012. Right after the chosen one (he who is chosen by the commercial media) is reelected.

Damn scary thought but I am afraid it may come to pass. The media is bought and paid for, totally on board with the lib-tard point of view. Some do not see it, others refuse to believe they could have been so wrong. They were and may be again. Lost my faith in the electorate of this once great nation.
    Get ready boys and girls because something not so wonderful is about to happen. Vote.....
    JMHO............:(

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    It's the rich and fortunate who decide when the rest will suffer for their big business practices and price gouging to their benefit, therefore putting further distance between the rich and poor. It's a system put in place by our government (by R.'s and D's!) Its sucks to think the government isn't in the driver's seat, it's those who have the wealth that controls what happens in this country. I don't like our current situation as much as the next guy who upholds the 2nd ammendment, that I think is the one reason why we are all here despite race, religion, stupid political labels or whatever. Great thread and I'm sorry if I got off course a little, as did others, but tried to make up for it by touching the situation of media and politics and how they factor into panic buying.

Philabuster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Laporte, IN
    I think the next buying rush will happen after the republican debates settle down and the focus switches to the republican nominee vs Obama. I have a feeling that its gonna be a scary year.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am already scared. I have 2 ex-wives, 6 kids and I am a cancer survivor. I thought nothing could scare me anymore....Then along comes Ossamah Ben Mama

Popacap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Westfield, IN
    Madbomber,

You either kid, or on dope, sir!

Yes, congress control is important, however, President Obama is the most dangerous president to our 2nd amendment ever! He didn't attempt to make any moves on any 2nd amendment rights in his first term, because he wants the real prize of a second term, lame duck. Yes, he didn't want to spend the political capital in the first term when he know he can't get it through the house.

However, he can hurt our 2nd amendment rights in so many other ways! He will suggest legislation, write excutive oders, run more schemes like Fast & Furious, through the Justice Department/ATFE, create false flag terrorist events, to gain more control over the populice, restrict rights, turn Hillary lose to conspire witht the anti-gun UN turds and worst of all...he will get to nonimate probably at least 3 more supreme court justices. If select nominees like the ilk of the last two, that would shift the majority to the liberal side...it will be overthrow many if not all of the strides for the last 10 yrs....it will be DOOM on US!

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    Madbomber,

You either kid, or on dope, sir!

Yes, congress control is important, however, President Obama is the most dangerous president to our 2nd amendment ever! He didn't attempt to make any moves on any 2nd amendment rights in his first term, because he wants the real prize of a second term, lame duck. Yes, he didn't want to spend the political capital in the first term when he know he can't get it through the house.

However, he can hurt our 2nd amendment rights in so many other ways! He will suggest legislation, write excutive oders, run more schemes like Fast & Furious, through the Justice Department/ATFE, create false flag terrorist events, to gain more control over the populice, restrict rights, turn Hillary lose to conspire witht the anti-gun UN turds and worst of all...he will get to nonimate probably at least 3 more supreme court justices. If select nominees like the ilk of the last two, that would shift the majority to the liberal side...it will be overthrow many if not all of the strides for the last 10 yrs....it will be DOOM on US!

What he said ^^^^^^ +1, one more Supreme Court nominee and it's all in the crapper.

Top Bottom