Is the Lafayette Guns and Gear store closed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlackJack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Mid North Indiana
    I, like a lot of other people I am sure, have been watching finances a little closer over this last year. I have sort of banned myself from going to gun shops as much because my will power sometimes is not very good. Anyway, I heard a rumor that Lafayette Guns and Gear located on Glick street in Lafayette went out of business. I liked doing business with Les, so I hope it isn't true. Does anyone know if it has closed?

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Yep he's closed. However, check out the shop on Earl Ave called Ace & Rico. Two really good guys opened it up after Guns and Gear started slipping. Also there's RamZ's pawn shop (over priced), Dick's, Walker Taxidermy, and I hear a new shop that moved from Delphi (I think) called Diamond V or something.

I'm pretty sure that's what we're left with in the Lafayette area.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    didn't lafayette guns and gear take over the range in lafayette on Olympia dr???? Is that still going?

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Ace & Rico's!!!!! :rockwoot:

Seriously though, sucks to see a LGS close, but Ace & Rico's is pretty sweet. Not a huge inventory, but great guys and good prices.

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Yes, Applied Ballistics took over the range on Olympia drive, and it is now very cleaned up and a great place to shoot as well as having a decent selection of guns. Also, Stan is a Class III dealer so you can service those needs there as well. I would urge anyone in the Lafayette area to check him out as it is WAY better than it was under its previous ownership.

And yes, sadly guns and gear closed, Les was a great guy to buy guns from, and he sold me my 1st pistol.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I'm not an expert on Lafayette by any means, but you might be referring to Applied Ballistics??

ahhhh, ok. Glad its still open then. I gotta get over there and put some rounds down range with my brother who is at Purdue.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I loved Lafayette Guns & Gear. Not so much for the guns, but for the gear. There just aren't many stores around that actually stock a sizable amount of quality leather gear any more. Most stores might have a couple leather holsters, but they mostly stock cheap nylon or Kydex crap. Bout broke my heart when he told me he was planning on closing and just doing gun shows.

Top Bottom