• ...and so much more!
  • anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    I did the 3 hour drive many times

I went to all the shows last year and this last one and I am officially done. It was nice to see a big show and I like all the gadjets but the 10 bucks to get in is a rip off and unless you want to build an ar quickly there are better deals online. Plus I am/was totally annoyed by how packed it gets and how tight the aisles are. I walked past quite a few tables because of the lines. If you wanted to fondle some pistols you had the wade through the sheeple. You would think they could find a bigger building.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    If you have never been to the 1500, you should experence it at least once. Since it's the last day of the show, you might be able to get a deal or two.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    It is worth it if you like guns. Where else in Indiana can you go and touch 30k machine guns or find a part for a civil war musket?

THe problem is that some gun owners have no patience and are not social people. If you go with the mind set that its going to be crowed and take all day its a great experience. (it also helps if you have alot of cash in your pocket)

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I went to all the shows last year and this last one and I am officially done. It was nice to see a big show and I like all the gadjets but the 10 bucks to get in is a rip off and unless you want to build an ar quickly there are better deals online. Plus I am/was totally annoyed by how packed it gets and how tight the aisles are. I walked past quite a few tables because of the lines. If you wanted to fondle some pistols you had the wade through the sheeple. You would think they could find a bigger building.

Yeah, why can't the find a bigger building?? It's always in that cramped south pavilion. It's not like the fairgrounds doesn't make a ton off our parking, and we're always packed. Maybe the 1500 needs to shop around??

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    No Gunshow is worth a 3 hour drive to me....and I hate crowds too. If you add up the gas money and parking and admission, even if you found a pretty good deal....What have you saved?

mx_chick_42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    FIRST, There is NO whinning in gun show ediquite. All you gals should love the fact b/f is out of the house for six hours, No football tv,no belly bust'in burps, only hours of tear-jerking LIFESTYLE TV. Go to Home Depot, load up on home project stuff and leave it on his side of the bed.
    Guess it depends on what "worth-it" means.:evilangel:

thats where i am very dif than most girls i guess. i dont mind watching football, but he doesnt. i burp right there with him, and i dont watch lifetime tv (yuk no thanks). and to even get him motivated enough to do home projects he has to be home and i have to get it started infront of him so he will get up and be the man in hte relationship, lol

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    6-total hours on the road.
    My vote is I would pass.

Far too many people crammed into a too small of space.

The Indy 1500 has a great following, both sellers and buyers.

The largest complaint I have heard now for several years is the overcrowding.
    It seems to fall on deaf ears.

Why its not located in a larger facility is beyond me.
    The Convention Center comes to mind.

My wish list and money now drifts toward the Louisville Gun Shows.
    They know how to put on a gun show.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    6-total hours on the road.
    My vote is I would pass.

Far too many people crammed into a too small of space.

The Indy 1500 has a great following, both sellers and buyers.

The largest complaint I have heard now for several years is the overcrowding.
    It seems to fall on deaf ears.

Why its not located in a larger facility is beyond me.
    The Convention Center comes to mind.

My wish list and money now drifts toward the Louisville Gun Shows.
    They know how to put on a gun show.
    convention center?? then the admission prices would go up (ever been to the car show there) then you have to pay for parking per hour instead of a flat rate then you have to deal with downtown traffic, no way

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I would pass on a three hour drive to the Indy 1500. Seven years ago, yea, I would have said go for it, great deals. Today, there really isn't no reason to go unless you are trying to find a specific item are hard to find magazine. I have found that you can find almost anything on-line if you search hard enough. There are usually decently priced firearms at the show, but you have to go to every single table selling guns and continue to compare prices and such. I have never found any great deals at the show, just prices I likely would have found in the store. In fact, I know for certain that you will find things cheaper on Auction Arms or GunBroker, even factoring in shipping and transfer fee, than you will at the show. I live 20 mins. away and have not been for years. The $10 to get in, then $3 to park just isn't worth it given current market prices on ammo and guns.

jbhummer2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    north central IN
    It is something to see that is for sure. Most of the gun prices are high but I have found some deals on ammo there in the past but not lately from what I have seen.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    like most gun shows all the deals are off the patrons, not the vendors.

I disagree. You are not going to get something for nothing the vendors have costs they have to cover. But if you deal with most vendors they will do you right. I have bought a few things cheaper at the gun show than I could have ordered from the internet.

My gripe with the gun shows are the venue the 1500 is usually pretty tough to get around and find deals. I stopped going for years and recently (just the last two shows) started going again. Parking is still a bear but the crowd was not so bad this last show, so I'm going to attend more.

I just went to the Holt road knife and gun show today and it was great. I saw some really decent prices on handguns and long guns. Some great deals on knives. It was no fee for parking, $5.00 to get in. I got to walk around freely, talk to people and really enjoyed it. I got to meet some INGO members and got some good deals from Bradsknives and the Knife Lady.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    If he needs a little alone time than absolutely.
    If he is really interested in the show than no. Problem is, you'll never know because if you ask him he cant tell you because it will hurt your feelings. If you want the honest best answer for a great wife the answer is, You deserve to go, have fun.
    Can you tell I've been married for 25 years?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I have gotten a good deal on a couple XD's from the same smaller dealer at the 1500. I can't remember his name but I know where he sets up so I head there first when a friend is looking for an XD.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom