Is the end of Atterbury Shooting Range near ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    64   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    You have to be a US Citizen to buy a firearm. Dont think just a green card or temp visa will be enough. I'm sure Biden will fast walk the process though. If I were to sell something which I rarely do.
    I'm not selling anything to recent immigrants. Sorry...my toys my rules
    A few years ago a local [nowout of business gun shop] had a person go in and buy a gun, [ green card holder] they weren't sure if they could sell it to them so called the atf to confirm and were told to proceed as any one wanting to purchase. The buyer passed the background check and was able to complete the purchase maybe things have changed since then though???

Last edited:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    And we expected what…….??????
    I said before and was chastised for it but these are Ferrell humans lacking any social graces and no desires to gain any.
    they come from a total :poop: hole and see us as sheep for the slaughter and nothing more.
    thanks to all you idiots that actually voted for this.

Are they any more feral than the thugs who are giving us another record number of shootings and murders in Indy?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    No, they are not...generally speaking. Can I beat the snot out of a non-citizen for no cause? Can I stop and search non-citizens without RS or PC? Are non-citizens denied counsel when arrested? Do I not need a search warrant/PC to enter their residence? So yes, Constitutional rights apply to those that find themselves inside our boarders, regardless of citizenship status. Quite frankly, I would not want it any other way.
    I thought I remembered reading a SCOTUS ruling about that I believe it was in the 1970's or 1980"s.

I believe this link is the SCOTUS take on rights of non citizens.

I don't agree with it, but if we go back to the time the constitution was written a large number of people were immigrants many fleeing oppressive governments trying to find freedom.
    So when I think of it in those terms I believe they have many rights, even if they resort to cave man 3rd world lawlessness.
    It's up to the police, and the courts to put those people behind bars or 6 feet under if they become murderers, and rapists.
    I find myself not wanting to give these new refugees a chance because of experiences with them in the past.
    So I'm hoping they turn out to be excellent American citizens in the future.

Last edited:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I don't think any of those people are going to be permanently settling anywhere near Edinburgh or Atterbury. Refugees have almost always wound up sent to larger cities, typically places with a preexisting enclave from that nationality. My money is on most of them being sent up north to Minnesota.
    Largest Afghan immigrant populations are in DC/Baltimore, NYC and Sacramento.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Anyone curious as if this is a way for bejing joe and his cronies to try to up the gun violence here?? just my :twocents:
    Maybe Joe intends for these folks to be the army he needs to fight domestic terrorism or white supremacy or whatever here in the US. They're probably not that familiar with our politics and the craven anti-American nature of Joe's party, so might be easily fooled into thinking they are "helping" the Americans who got them out of that **** hole.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    And we expected what…….??????
    I said before and was chastised for it but these are Ferrell humans lacking any social graces and no desires to gain any.
    they come from a total :poop: hole and see us as sheep for the slaughter and nothing more.
    thanks to all you idiots that actually voted for this.
    The other thing to note is all these Afghans that were interpreters and "helped" the Americans are not loyal to the USA. They had a choice to make and they just picked the side they thought were least likely to kill them. And it came with a paycheck and benefits the taliban were not offering. So in my opinion 90% can not be trusted

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Wow. Just wow.
    people like what. Let’s start there OK.
    I think I am missing some key points here.
    no I just try and adhere to the documents that started all of this. The law changes daily at the whim of alphabet agency’s that are not empowered to change them.
    whT laws are we actually speaking about. Which list today. Seriously.
    Relax CM. Non-citizens. That was what we were talking about.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Relax CM. Non-citizens. That was what we were talking about.
    I gotcha.
    we had several pockets of “Non-Citizens” a few years back and it sucked. They completely destroyed (with the help of some local section 8 “Citizens”) the apt complex just west of us.
    it was very obvious when they moved on to new virgin territory.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I gotcha.
    we had several pockets of “Non-Citizens” a few years back and it sucked. They completely destroyed (with the help of some local section 8 “Citizens”) the apt complex just west of us.
    it was very obvious when they moved on to new virgin territory.
    Understood. There are also lots of immigrants that are great additions to our country. I would not want to deprive them of the means of self-defense anymore than I would you. As with anything, we should not punish the good for the deeds of the bad.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The right to defend yourself IS a human right!
    So your OK with just anyone getting off a plane from God knows Where and being able to bypass everything we are held accountable to and buy a gun.
    did I wake up in the ****ing “Twilight” zone for crap sake.
    our own Gov vette’s us to through a 4473 and we have to be squeaky clean. So let’s just let these unknowns step around the rules in place and arm up.
    yup. I hear Rod Sirling speaking in the background.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Understood. There are also lots of immigrants that are great additions to our country. I would not want to deprive them of the means of self-defense anymore than I would you. As with anything, we should not punish the good for the deeds of the bad.
    Agreed but they have to prove their worth 1st yes. We have some imminent neighbors that are fine but most are families. Good people.
    what we have At atterberry is not this.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Agreed but they have to prove their worth 1st yes. We have some imminent neighbors that are fine but most are families. Good people.
    what we have At atterberry is not this.
    Honestly, we don't know what we have there. Only time will tell.

I am guessing a lot of them are people that want to live more like we do, than the way most Afghanis seem to want to.

Flash-hider

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    Anyone curious as if this is a way for bejing joe and his cronies to try to up the gun violence here?? just my :twocents:
    This may be a possibility. I would rather
    Oh my, well if everyone gets the measles vaccine poke we'll be alright then, right?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom