• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Just got this link emailed to me by surefire. It's their new light. Now, having been an infantryman, I can appreciate only having access to AA batteries. But then again, we never got issues tac lights. But $299? Really? For a 200 lumen light? Not 2,000, 200. I'm sorry, but if I wanted a 200 lumen light powered by AA's, I'd buy one at the gas station for $5.99. Or I could get 50 of them, and just throw them away as they got damaged or the battery ran out. Surefire is always overpriced, IMO. Their suppressors aren't worth 175% of the competitions price, either.

SureFire M600AA-DSS Scout Light LED WeaponLight

Venting complete.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    With a Surefire, you're not just getting a flashlight, you're getting a reliable dependable flashlight. If they say its 200 lumens, then it's 200 lumens. They don't estimate like everyone else.
    And if you ever HAVE to bust out a windshield or a bad guys skull, the Surefire will be guaranteed to work afterwards.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I get that, but for $300 I'll buy a stream light, a bench made and a half tank of fuel. All of which are also reliable.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    yes, they do seem expensive. I can't defend them or their pricing strategy. I will say that their prices make me consider the competition a lot more seriously

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I get that, but for $300 I'll buy a stream light, a bench made and a half tank of fuel. All of which are also reliable.

I've never had a Streamlight hold up under daily use, unlike my Surefire stuff. Trust me, I wanted them to due to the price. But the only light I have found that will take a beating and function 100% of the time is Surefire. On most Streamlights (as well as Fenix, etc....), it was a switch issue. But a few were circuit boards and had to be rebuilt. And I don't get too wrapped up when other companies claim ______ lumens, because they are generally pulling that number out of their ass. With Surefire, it's an actual measurement because they spent mega bucks on the precision equipment to do so. I'm not saying they aren't expensive or that everyone should buy their stuff, but folks that rely heavily on a light in harsh or rough conditions daily often tend to be fans of Surefire.

I got the same email, and I'm not going to sell off all my M600 Scouts and replace them with AA models, but I think they will sell pretty well. I have a big stash of CR123's, but I don't blame anyone for preferring a much more common AA.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I too was an Infantryman, woobie. (And know what a woobie is. Lol) I spent 22 1/2 years in combat arms. I had many different lights in that time. My Surefire lights were the only ones I knew, without a doubt, that they would come on every time. Never found any brand of light that was as reliable and tough as the Surefires.
    Their helmet lights are the sh#t. And that is one place that a light will take a beating, hanging off the side of an 11B's K-pot.
    Yes, they are expensive but when you are walking the streets of Khowst city, at midnight, protecting your full bird and you want to see what the noise was in the alley, you want a light that is going to work.
    Jblomenburg16,
    CR123s were not real hard to get in theater but AAs can be had anywhere and much cheaper if you have to buy them out of pocket.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I too was an Infantryman, woobie. (And know what a woobie is. Lol) I spent 22 1/2 years in combat arms. I had many different lights in that time. My Surefire lights were the only ones I knew, without a doubt, that they would come on every time. Never found any brand of light that was as reliable and tough as the Surefires.
    Their helmet lights are the sh#t. And that is one place that a light will take a beating, hanging off the side of an 11B's K-pot.
    Yes, they are expensive but when you are walking the streets of Khowst city, at midnight, protecting your full bird and you want to see what the noise was in the alley, you want a light that is going to work.
    Jblomenburg16,
    CR123s were not real hard to get in theater but AAs can be had anywhere and much cheaper if you have to buy them out of pocket.

Good to know and thank you guys for your service!

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Did you shop around? Ledwarehouse on this site has pretty good prices for surefire with an INGO discount.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I will take a surefire of any kind over any other light there is for my weapons. They are the only ones that will take a combat beating and still work without question. And if it ever gets ****ed up or fails it's a no questions asked fix. Hell I've even had them replace bulbs for free.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    I bought a non led E2D years ago, and after about a month, the bulb burned out. Called and they sent a replacement, and it burned out too. It sits in a drawer now.

I bought a seraph sp-6 led 250 lumen from light hound 2 years ago, with 2 rechargeable batteries, and charger for 50$. Use daily, charge the batteries weekly. Not one issue. Same batteries, same bulb. 2 years.

Needless to say, won't buy surefire again.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I have purchased, and have been given, many lights over the decades. While I still own most, the Surefire is the one that goes out the door with me. Reliability doesn't have a price.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I too am infantry...Although i joined the right branch (Marines....haha just giving you guys a hard time). And while sure fire is stupid money if you look at their MSRP you can find them for much less. They hold up very well and they are an amazing company to deal with.

I had the precursor to the G2X light which i have had for probably 6 years now. It still has the original LED and the only thing that broke was a switch when it smashed in some gear(its long since been replaced and any cap would have broke in the situation). Now here is what really blew me away about surefire.

Last year when all the power and **** went out down in lafayette and it was -****ing stupid cold i was the only one with a working light. MY old trusty surefire that has been to hell and back many times. So i sent surefire an email with some pictures and told them what it had been through and how happy i was with my purchase. To that they responded by asking for my address and sending me two brand new EB2 back ups and a hand written thank you letter for using their products and letting them know they work.

They have earned my business for life. And the EB2 back up is a badass light

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I carry the SF P2X Fury daily for work in their glass-reinforced belt holster.
    I've been using the holster for over seven years straight now (I carried their 6PLED Defender in it before), and the P2X for over two years now.
    Both have held up perfectly.
    Yes, they're expensive, but the quality and durability are amazing.
    Did I mention that they're also made in USA?

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Just one of the reasons why they have earned my business for life...i see these lights lasting me many years to come though...

2wem53q.jpg

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    There's also a difference in the way Surefire focuses their light. I've seen cheap "500 lumen" lights that can't light up a target as well as my 200 lumen LX2.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ledwarehouse on this site has pretty good prices for surefire with an INGO discount.

Wait. What?

I'm kinda into jerry-rigging light sources (not as heavy as some people around here, so I mostly keep my mouth shut). There is an INGO discount at LEDwarehouse?

Can you post how to get it?

Top Bottom