• shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I hate them.

Some folks love them.

It's sort of like Big Lots, sometimes they have good stuff, sometimes it's crap.

I hate them because they sold my information and I started getting about ten times more spam and junk snail mail. All from them selling my info (I use a middle initial that is different with each company to trace who is selling my info).

I will never buy from them again.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I've purchased a lot of quality stuff from there for a good price and I've never had any issues...I haven't used them in over a year, but when I did I was satisfied with their products/service.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I order things occasionally when I see a good deal. Like the 58 pounds of various sizes of cotton web strap material for $40 that I got a few years ago. I think I have over 2000 yards of it, and most of it is 1" and 3/4" which are the most useful sizes.

I also ordered several swedish mess kits with alcohol stoves for $14 a few years ago.

Oh yeah, and can't forget about the AK mags for just over $5 each about 5 years ago. Picked up quite a few of them, and I received a few rare ones that I resold to collectors and recouped almost half of my cost on the mags putting them in at less than $3 each! :rockwoot::rockwoot:

Yeah, they're reputable (been around quite a while) and I've never had a problem with them.

I've never had a problem similar to shibumiseeker, but it is very possible.

If you find a really good deal, I would say get it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Been using them for several years buying anywhere from clothing to ammo from them. Never had a problem and shipping has always (to me at least) been very fast.

In fact, I was just browsing their site a few minutes ago.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I have only ordered a few things from them. Have always been happy with the product and the shipping time is reasonable. I also had some problem with them selling my info.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I hate them.

Some folks love them.

It's sort of like Big Lots, sometimes they have good stuff, sometimes it's crap.

I hate them because they sold my information and I started getting about ten times more spam and junk snail mail. All from them selling my info (I use a middle initial that is different with each company to trace who is selling my info).

Same here. They sold my info also.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Have bought a boatload of ammo from them over the years. Buyers club is a good deal for just about everything. Never had a problem with them.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I've used them many times. Never had any issues or problems from them. The Buyers Club is a great option as well.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I bought a 1000 rounds of 9mm there, it was fine.
    They also kept 1000 rounds of ammo on backorder for like 9 months on me and I finally gave it up last week.

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    I used to be a happy Sportsmans Guide consumer. I had the same junk mail problem as stated above, but to me, that wasn't a major issue as most of the junk I received were catalogs to their competitors!

My real issue with them is outlined in the Good, Bad and Ugly under Online Retailers.

YMMV

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I have also bought a LOT of stuff from Sportsmansguide. Never had any problem. I get so much junk mail anyway, I have to buy a shredder once a year because I burn it up.

Prices are good on most, and the buyers club makes it better if you are a regular buyer of ammo when they have it.

cheaperthandirt went to the toilet after Obamamania. I won't even look at their site anymore.

I like OpticsPlanet.com - Binoculars, Sunglasses, Night Vision Goggles, Riflescopes, Flashlights, Telescopes, Rangefinders, Microscopes - Hunting, Outdoor, Science, & Military Gear. They carry a cool selection of gadgetry.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Forgot to mention they had 5000 rounds of .22 on backorder for almost 9 months, but they still honored the original price and didn't charge my card until it shipped.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I hate them.

Some folks love them.

Yes, that p*sses me off to no end.:noway::xmad:

To help out on the junk emails, sign up for a junk email account at yahoo or the likes and only give out your real email to people you want to hear back from.

Good idea on the middle initial change though, I've never thought about doing that before, so I never know when someone sells my info.:yesway:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I have used them alot in the past. Haven't as much lately cause short on the extra money. Have been a buyers club member for the past 2 years though. And its paid for itself in savings a couple times over.

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    I spend way too much there. I have always been happy. I am fairly picky about what I buy in the first place. If you move real fast, you can get the bargains. If you hesitate they are gone.

Top Bottom