Is Private Funding Of Election Offices Legal Or Constitutional?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is It Unconstitutional To Use Private Money To Boost Voter Turnout In Certain Areas?

• Total voters

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So you cannot explain what your post has to do with whether private money should fund the administration of the actual election unless, as the constitution states, directed by the legislature? Who do you think should be the neutral administration our elections?
    I don't think money should come in to play in elections. Federal elections should be funded by federal money, state elections with state money. Wishing private money out of elections or any level of politics is a pipe dream.

So my post has to do with not wasting time trying to put out one little burning bush at a time when the entire ****ing forest is engulfed.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't think money should come in to play in elections. Federal elections should be funded by federal money, state elections with state money. Wishing private money out of elections or any level of politics is a pipe dream.

So my post has to do with not wasting time trying to put out one little burning bush at a time when the entire ****ing forest is engulfed.
    What money are you talking about? The campaign money or the money to actually collect and count votes. There is an enormous difference between the two. The way I read your posts you are combining the money spent to get elected, campaign finance, with the money to physically execute the election. They are substantially different.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    What money are you talking about? The campaign money or the money to actually collect and count votes. There is an enormous difference between the two. The way I read your posts you are combining the money spent to get elected, campaign finance, with the money to physically execute the election. They are substantially different.
    Sure there is and since both involve money and both influence power/money/politics, both are for sale.

So yes, I'm talking about the money to collect and count votes. There should be zero privatization in that process and it should have layers of oversight and be 100% open to public scrutiny at all times.

What is your position? What is the point of this question? Does it matter? If all private funding is removed from the election process what has been solved?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Sure there is and since both involve money and both influence power/money/politics, both are for sale.

So yes, I'm talking about the money to collect and count votes. There should be zero privatization in that process and it should have layers of oversight and be 100% open to public scrutiny at all times.
    I agree. Why didn’t you vote in the poll?

What is your position?
    It is unconstitutional to fund and execute an election differently than explicitly as directed by the state legislature.

What is the point of this question?
    Zuckerbucks and now bidenbucks are not directed by any state legislature I know of, so therefore unconstitutional…

Does it matter?
    Greatly. The left was flooding private money and now fed money (with strings attached) to democratic areas which I also believe violates the equal protection clause.

If all private funding is removed from the election process what has been solved?
    All districts should be funded equally as directed by the state legislature.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I agree. Why didn’t you vote in the poll?

It is unconstitutional to fund and execute an election differently than explicitly as directed by the state legislature.

Zuckerbucks and now bidenbucks are not directed by any state legislature I know of, so therefore unconstitutional…

Greatly. The left was flooding private money and now fed money (with strings attached) to democratic areas which I also believe violates the equal protection clause.

All districts should be funded equally as directed by the state legislature.
    Don't disagree with your points but I'm still back at, what would change? I'm with you 100% but I'm not convinced voting matters any longer. I will never be convinced that the reported numbers from the 2020 election were anywhere near the actual number of legitimate votes cast. They don't need voters any longer, they need the appearance of voters. That's why they pay and bus people to their rallys. That's why the media downplays Trumps crowds and fakes crowds for the others. If they convince us there's an actual race then the votes don't matter as they control the outcome. If not by mail in, then by magic electronic tally dumps in the middle of the night.

Strange how all of the polls suddenly shifted once they were loose of the undeniably incapacitated loon. She'd done nothing but catch hell from every direction for three and a half years and ws best known as a babbling incoherent idiot and then almost overnight she's magically a strong, well spoken and experienced leader capable of handling the job. Give me a ****ing break.

My point is that this entire discussion is pointless at the end of the day. You and I could get everything we want on this issue and nothing will change. "They" will still find a way to put their money to good use and there will always be plenty willing to sell their souls and their office for money and power. Where and when the exchange occurs will remain constantly shifting as necessary. Focusing on this is a distraction from the bigger issues which a precious few in Congress try to keep attention on but they've got as much chance against the machine as they would swimming up Niagra Falls.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Don't disagree with your points but I'm still back at, what would change? I'm with you 100% but I'm not convinced voting matters any longer. I will never be convinced that the reported numbers from the 2020 election were anywhere near the actual number of legitimate votes cast. They don't need voters any longer, they need the appearance of voters. That's why they pay and bus people to their rallys. That's why the media downplays Trumps crowds and fakes crowds for the others. If they convince us there's an actual race then the votes don't matter as they control the outcome. If not by mail in, then by magic electronic tally dumps in the middle of the night.

Strange how all of the polls suddenly shifted once they were loose of the undeniably incapacitated loon. She'd done nothing but catch hell from every direction for three and a half years and ws best known as a babbling incoherent idiot and then almost overnight she's magically a strong, well spoken and experienced leader capable of handling the job. Give me a ****ing break.

My point is that this entire discussion is pointless at the end of the day. You and I could get everything we want on this issue and nothing will change. "They" will still find a way to put their money to good use and there will always be plenty willing to sell their souls and their office for money and power. Where and when the exchange occurs will remain constantly shifting as necessary. Focusing on this is a distraction from the bigger issues which a precious few in Congress try to keep attention on but they've got as much chance against the machine as they would swimming up Niagra Falls.
    I am standing strong and not defeated yet…

Top Bottom